labouerer mansfield area

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
I brought a labourer in on my current job. Had about 20 boards to dab and a few big areas (for me being a domestic goddess) as the job went on and big areas were out the way he was more in the way than anything. There was a hose about 2 metres from where we were working, I told him to use that for cleaning mixer, drum etc. He insisted on doing it inside. Next minute there's a full bucket of water spilled all over the floor. Never had him in for the rest of the job and what a difference to my mood!
I f**k*d a lab off the other week and I noticed the difference in my mood I was less stressed they are a pain in the arse :)

U only need labourer If ur loading houses out,rendering or floating..thats it u dnt need em for owt else..dabbing,skimming,cleaning or mixing

Get a young boy in that you can teach, I got one 9 years ago through a government scheme and he now has his own van and does 90% of the skimming jobs himself while I fk about building wnak rooms. Don't get me wrong tried to get other guys through same scheme and they never lasted two weeks but worth a shot if you have the patience.

I got people ringing me a lot and having to say 8 weeks away, I can make a labourer pay....if got someone mixing and doing the donkey work will be able to have two different mixes over lapping meaning I can easy do 3 mixes instead of two in a day
What about the guy you had sweeping up in another post?
I got people ringing me a lot and having to say 8 weeks away, I can make a labourer pay....if got someone mixing and doing the donkey work will be able to have two different mixes over lapping meaning I can easy do 3 mixes instead of two in a day
make the mixes smaller........lol

What about the guy you had sweeping up in another post?

make the mixes smaller........lol
Lol...the guy with the sweeping brush is a nice chap but not sure he's cut out for it:whistle:

Whats point in doing 3 smaller mixes, surely would end up the same as two bigger mixes, could do 3 big ones if I dint have to feck around unloading van, pva, beading, filling shitty holes with bonding cleaning buckets, mixing, cleaning woodwork, re loading van etc

Cos he's a dirty fecker with too much time on his hands as he never does any work
I did 4 days skimming last week and I think am doing 4 and half this week. A new low. Have to work now as it's just me now and a labourer when I need him. But getting ready to take December off.

Lol...the guy with the sweeping brush is a nice chap but not sure he's cut out for it:whistle:

Whats point in doing 3 smaller mixes, surely would end up the same as two bigger mixes, could do 3 big ones if I dint have to feck around unloading van, pva, beading, filling shitty holes with bonding cleaning buckets, mixing, cleaning woodwork, re loading van etc
3 small sets is best gives you more time to clean and do other things while skimming.

Doesn't matter what size the mix/set/hit is, it matters how good it is finished .....if you are getting enquiries at the rate you say, you must be doing something right. To feel less pressured, put up the prices, and/or sub the excess out. (Smaller mixes was a joke)

Doesn't matter what size the mix/set/hit is, it matters how good it is finished .....if you are getting enquiries at the rate you say, you must be doing something right. To feel less pressured, put up the prices, and/or sub the excess out. (Smaller mixes was a joke)
Sorry mate, long day the humour passed me by(y)....just think with no donkey work could overlap full sized mixes and push out 3 per day and easy push out room an ceiling per day withoutg having to kill myself in the process

Sorry mate, long day the humour passed me by(y)....just think with no donkey work could overlap full sized mixes and push out 3 per day and easy push out room an ceiling per day withoutg having to kill myself in the process
For no donkey work, you'll have to become a tiler!!

Hi wondered if you was still looking for someone..I've been doing a bit of plastering myself at weekends just small jobs around my full time job trying to get my name about a bit.but wanting to go into plastering full time. I'm 32 but fit and hardworking I'm getting better the more jobs I do..I consider myself more of a labourer/improver good on the trowel but not fast..I'm from near alfreton so not too far from u..if you hav anything full-time going as I'm a family man wanting to earn enough to put food on the table then please get in touch..thanks Craig

Hi wondered if you was still looking for someone..I've been doing a bit of plastering myself at weekends just small jobs around my full time job trying to get my name about a bit.but wanting to go into plastering full time. I'm 32 but fit and hardworking I'm getting better the more jobs I do..I consider myself more of a labourer/improver good on the trowel but not fast..I'm from near alfreton so not too far from u..if you hav anything full-time going as I'm a family man wanting to earn enough to put food on the table then please get in touch..thanks Craig
Good luck with it all mate and hope you get on with someone, I just want a young lad to fetch and carry stuff, I not got the experience myself to be training someone up.

I was waiting for popcorn moment, got my nephew a job with the bricklayer where I am and he has done few jobs with me before so knows what it's about bricklayer was impressed that he kept muck coming loaded out if getting low swept up when wasn't much to do help him cleaned the mixer spotless and cleaned shovels and wheel barrow without being asked nice to see some of basics do actually go into some kids heads I thought he wouldn't enjoy it but said yeah was a good day lets hope he keeps it up