KRend advice

Members online

BHP11

Hi all,
I am a sole trader so only take on small KRend jobs so hand apply only.
The problem I am encountering is that any break in putting it on even for a short time results in a flat line when scratching back.
Any tips to avoid this? I know you may say don’t stop but it is difficult to do when say working above and then below a window.

One other question is when the best time to use your I beam as leaving it overnight results in the I beam useless to break through just prior to scratching. The alternative is using it earlier but then opening it up results in it drying out faster? and I am worried it will be rock hard come the morning.

By the way I am a reluctant K Renderer and I have read the criticism of it on this forum as opposed to other monocouche products but customers seem to insist on it for the sparkle.

Any advice from the experts would be appreciated.

Hi all,
I am a sole trader so only take on small KRend jobs so hand apply only.
The problem I am encountering is that any break in putting it on even for a short time results in a flat line when scratching back.
Any tips to avoid this? I know you may say don’t stop but it is difficult to do when say working above and then below a window.

One other question is when the best time to use your I beam as leaving it overnight results in the I beam useless to break through just prior to scratching. The alternative is using it earlier but then opening it up results in it drying out faster? and I am worried it will be rock hard come the morning.

By the way I am a reluctant K Renderer and I have read the criticism of it on this forum as opposed to other monocouche products but customers seem to insist on it for the sparkle.

Any advice from the experts would be appreciated.
You need a hand to do it then buddy you can't let the joints dry too much or you'll always get a dry line and in warm temperatures you should be getting it on early and finishing the same day using the I section while it's still slightly soft then finishing do not ever let it go too hard it's a c**t to get right and k-rend will probably crack,you only go overnight in the colder months in this case get it on as late as you can,the best tip I'll give you is get a machine to render with you earn a f**k**g fortune and make the job really easy to deal with

You need a hand to do it then buddy you can't let the joints dry too much or you'll always get a dry line and in warm temperatures you should be getting it on early and finishing the same day using the I section while it's still slightly soft then finishing do not ever let it go too hard it's a c**t to get right and k-rend will probably crack,you only go overnight in the colder months in this case get it on as late as you can,the best tip I'll give you is get a machine to render with you earn a f**k**g fortune and make the job really easy to deal with
Thanks for taking the time to give me the sound advice mate, much appreciated.
I hear you over getting a machine but I’m gearing down and not up so at my stage of life will leave that to the younger lads to make their fortunes and good luck to them.
I agree I’ll get help to lay it on in the future if it’s a decent size as there seems no other way.
Been caught out here as the last few jobs have been when it has been hot and sunny.
Cheers

the best advice i can give you is leave it to the experts.
Yes I will if I can’t get it spot on. But I am guessing experts in mono application have encountered the same problems at sometime and learn from experience. That is the reason I’m asking for advice.
Don’t worry I won’t be threatening anyone’s empire if I receive any worthwhile tips.

Always talk the customer into thin coat, loads better system and easier to apply
I do just as many thin coat systems as I do monocouche it's more expensive for the customer and more visits for me, it is more durable for sure but much more weather dependent monocouche all year round really