Key stones and coins

Need a bit advice on a rendering job I'm doing. Hate rendering at the best of times never-ending this time of year but here's the situation..
We are sand cement rendering an extension and setting batons to form key stones and coins round windows.
We have scratched and set batons so far but need to get coins and keys done next. We guna have build a depth of coins at 25mm and it's gonna take forever for them to set in this weather.. so advice from someone how's done this before and how to get the render to set faster would be canny
Thanks

Oh and we are doing it to architects spec which is why it's sand cement

Rapid set cement on the filling out coats perhaps? I've not tried it but know a bloke who swears by it been in the game over 40 years ?? he even uses rapid cement doing damp courses

If it's for an architect what's on the spec, or has he left it up to you? Remember to oil the batten so when you strike them they don't damage your quoins.

You could try an ocr like Parmurex and put lots of Wickes accelerator. The ocr's are made to go on thick.

Think this tool is available from Rambo tools Ireland no idea where in the you can get one.

You could try an ocr like Parmurex and put lots of Wickes accelerator. The ocr's are made to go on thick.

Think this tool is available from Rambo tools Ireland no idea where in the you can get one.

The tool he is using a wall paper trimming rule you can get them in homepage or online. Stanley also do a 600mm level which has a bevelled edge and cheaper than a quoins cutting jig.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I don't no why people battern quoins and keystone when it's far easier to cut them free hand.
Don't buy a quoin cutter there a waste of time and leave marks all over your work.
All you need is a piece of hard wood with a chamfered edge so you can follow it.
If your using batterns oil them and knib them out to the edge of the timber with lime in the scratch and finish two days later

The quoins that he is cutting out are ruff as f..k
I would not get away with leaving them up the face of a house.

When I did a job a few years ago the rusticated quoins/had to be 30mm depth
You won't be cutting those by hand!!
We used timbers fixed on to achieve the depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White sand and cement will pull in alot quicker for that kinda thing and a bit of lime in the scratch coat will speed it up too .

When I did a job a few years ago the rusticated quoins/had to be 30mm depth
You won't be cutting those by hand!!
We used timbers fixed on to achieve the depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've cut 50mm quoins by hand with chamfered edges they were split quoins aswell
They had to be scratched out twice but turned out well

Where's the guy in Australia ? He posted some nice ones he'd done last summer. Can't remember his name now but work looked the b*ll***s