K Rend

Members online

the problem lies with your first post where you state that you are just laying it on flat with a trowel. it must be ruled flat to give you a chance . surely you where taught to do this ?

It's looking really good! Just annoys me that's it's no perfect with the down lights in it at night but it's as good as its going to be I think! Yes it is stuped to think on gettin it perfectly flat because it's just no possible! I will put pics up when house is done!

Pipe down u w**k*r u have been no help what so ever! I came on this site to get sum info, which i have got (none from you) not to get shitty posts from a complete bellend! U sound like a complete ring piece! Cheers for the info to other folks! :RpS_biggrin:

use a ******* i section you bellend!!

I see the holiday has helped greatly with your mood:-0

Pipe down u w**k*r u have been no help what so ever! I came on this site to get sum info, which i have got (none from you) not to get shitty posts from a complete bellend! U sound like a complete ring piece! Cheers for the info to other folks! :RpS_biggrin:

Brodie Nick has repeatedly given you the answer, but as with so many new folk that come on here you just don't like the answer to your question so choose to ignore it. I think that makes you the bellend not Nick (on this occasion).

oh you nasty man you. so whats the answer then?

I see the holiday has helped greatly with your mood:-0

Brodie Nick has repeatedly given you the answer, but as with so many new folk that come on here you just don't like the answer to your question so choose to ignore it. I think that makes you the bellend not Nick (on this occasion).

yeah brodie you bellend:flapper:

Hi can anyone give me a link to buy a couple of the I-profile scraper i can see this is what is truly required to get the correct finish.

brodie just admit it your s**t and you know it:RpS_lol: you dont know how to use the gear and u obviously dont know the difference between a chimpanzees tennis racket and a trowel. if i were u i would become a security guard cos u seem to be comfortable with a torch :RpS_mellow: no offence to any part time security guards working as plasterers :RpS_wink:

working at night doing outside k-rend wot a mug its hard enough in the day to get it to look 100% with the sun on it let alone with a halogen light beaming on it. If you aint got the tools or the brain power dont do it.. Its like be a virgin with a little dick wrong tool with no experience.
See you later you night hawk.

k rend is s**t full stop tried all ways to get it right it just wont act. webber system much better

theres nothing wrong with k rend if your just wanting it to look right,but from an applicators point of view there are better renders about,due to there composition.

Brodie if your legit just take on board what's been said and enjoy the banter, otherwise mate you may want toreconsider your career choice, all the best n welcome

Ha that vid made me tickle he he. Brodie, you got plenty of confidence and a critical eye. What's not so great is you sound surprised and cant take that your quite inexperienced at coloured render and have been doing it wrong all along.
You go back to the start and think of the process of how to achieve a flat and in plane wall. A bit like when a gang screeds off a concrete slab with a long piece of wood etc and not little trowels. For a start machine application is where it's at because you can apply all the gear quickly with loads of time speed rule in nice big flowing moves so that you feel the wall and can move the gear around effectively. If you have to do it by hand then it's in fits and starts and by the nature of hand application it's even more crucial to cover your tracks so to speak. Just using a trowel no matter how pretty it looks is not enough. Going back to the screed thing you have to rule the wall with a serrated feather edge straight after applying a section, sorting it and then spatting, not a trowel. A spat takes two hands and gives extra feel on the wall which is like a second chance at mini ruling as well as closing the surface in. Now all this needs to be done confidently with quick decisions to avoid over working the wall.
The I section is another chance at scraping the wall with a screeding like tool to get it as near flat as possible(that's flat not smooth). Go over the whole wall top to bottom. This tool shows you the quality of your plastering and let's you know where you could do with a little more or less gear next time. Only then does the nail pad come out to perfect the finish, not shape the wall. Two passes, the first with a medium sharp, then back to top and lightly go over again but with a dull/worn pad. Think in terms of sandpaper and how you go through the grades to get a smoother finish. Last thing brush systematically with a large coconut haired brush and check for holes, scrape marks & misses etc. This'll give you half a chance of pleasing that critical eye of yours and show off your work under those lights

then go back at 10pm, get a massive flood light and shine it up and down your work just to be sure :RpS_thumbsup:

actually, just a thought for mr brodie, overnight scrapes. dont actually mean you have to scrape them through the night

Ha that vid made me tickle he he. Brodie, you got plenty of confidence and a critical eye. What's not so great is you sound surprised and cant take that your quite inexperienced at coloured render and have been doing it wrong all along.
You go back to the start and think of the process of how to achieve a flat and in plane wall. A bit like when a gang screeds off a concrete slab with a long piece of wood etc and not little trowels. For a start machine application is where it's at because you can apply all the gear quickly with loads of time speed rule in nice big flowing moves so that you feel the wall and can move the gear around effectively. If you have to do it by hand then it's in fits and starts and by the nature of hand application it's even more crucial to cover your tracks so to speak. Just using a trowel no matter how pretty it looks is not enough. Going back to the screed thing you have to rule the wall with a serrated feather edge straight after applying a section, sorting it and then spatting, not a trowel. A spat takes two hands and gives extra feel on the wall which is like a second chance at mini ruling as well as closing the surface in. Now all this needs to be done confidently with quick decisions to avoid over working the wall.
The I section is another chance at scraping the wall with a screeding like tool to get it as near flat as possible(that's flat not smooth). Go over the whole wall top to bottom. This tool shows you the quality of your plastering and let's you know where you could do with a little more or less gear next time. Only then does the nail pad come out to perfect the finish, not shape the wall. Two passes, the first with a medium sharp, then back to top and lightly go over again but with a dull/worn pad. Think in terms of sandpaper and how you go through the grades to get a smoother finish. Last thing brush systematically with a large coconut haired brush and check for holes, scrape marks & misses etc. This'll give you half a chance of pleasing that critical eye of yours and show off your work under those lights

i always enjoy reading your posts : )

good post that,

all id add is always butter plenty of gear onto your beads both on the aris and dpc etc so when you cut it back with the I section and float over it, you get lovely clean angles and edges instead of a slack inthe finish.

Last edited:
i rule it with the h bar when were putting it on with the machine as it elimianates any air pockets

539552_208854329258681_122086451_n_zps4327d4d1.jpg

285792_208853452592102_1777797151_n_zpsa3fb6e48.jpg

I beam keeps it flat

It's being a bit anal if u ask me and k rend is shite gear anyway
Lo so funny mate it is possible to get it quite flat but if u show me a renderer that can have a wall look perfectly flat when the sun is shining at that funny angle then I will eat my hat ,just try and get it to a nice flat finish with no misses and no big scrape marks give it a good brush and bobs your uncle
u can shine a halogen light on a pain of glass and see defects if it looks nice in the day time why u worrying,who's going to shine a light on it at night anyway
madness