K rend opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogstail

Hi all, I was after a bit advice if possible, if been given a very good price on k rend products through a contact I know, however if never used it before ( always just stuck to weber/parex), I was wondering what people opinions of k rend are? Is it as good as other mono's?
Thanks for any help provided

The K1 is currently better than Weber for spraying and not far behind Parex with the added benefit of quicker set times and it doesn't seem to crack blocks from being over strong either.

K1 wasn't that good when it first came out but it's a different product now imo.

FT shouldn't be compared to either as the silicone makes it a different animal altogether and it needs more mixing with plenty of water.

The only issue with the K1 is it can split a bit before scraping if the mix is too wet. If you like a wet mix either save a bit of snot to rub in the splits if you get them or wet the walls down before you apply it and wet K1 after its had 30 mins drying with a spray.

Hi all, I was after a bit advice if possible, if been given a very good price on k rend products through a contact I know, however if never used it before ( always just stuck to weber/parex), I was wondering what people opinions of k rend are? Is it as good as other mono's?
Thanks for any help provided
No it's not as good as other mono,s the money you think your saveing you will be spending on the callbacks.

You should give the current K1 a go, sprays lovely and less chance of still being on site a 8pm wondering if it will still be ok in the morning. Parex maybe sprays only slightly better but it take bloody ages to go off!

Not had any cracks in the last 6 months either.

You should give the current K1 a go, sprays lovely and less chance of still being on site a 8pm wondering if it will still be ok in the morning. Parex maybe sprays only slightly better but it take bloody ages to go off!

Not had any cracks in the last 6 months either.
Im still leaving parex overnight at the mo.

The only issue with the K1 is it can split a bit before scraping if the mix is too wet. If you like a wet mix either save a bit of snot to rub in the splits if you get them or wet the walls down before you apply it and wet K1 after its had 30 mins drying with a spray.

Why should you have to do this tho. Its not good enough really and all those splits will show again in the future.

Use weber or parex you don't have to go filling in the splits after.
Also its not monocouche render is it. Everything has to have a base coat now every single spec.

Its miles behind weber and parex

Why should you have to do this tho. Its not good enough really and all those splits will show again in the future.

Also its not monocouche render is it. Everything has to have a base coat now every single spec.

Why would you use a product that splits when it's picking up ffuuccking unbelievable

Why would you use a product that splits when it's picking up ffuuccking unbelievable

Exactly.

We sprayed last week a job (had no choice) terrible gear. It can't sustain its own weight on the wall and it shrinks like mad. Those splits can happen a week after its done. Bit that's what you get when you fill the product with cheap bulk instead of quality blends

Exactly.

We sprayed last week a job (had no choice) terrible gear. It can't sustain its own weight on the wall and it shrinks like mad. Those splits can happen a week after its done. Bit that's what you get when you fill the product with cheap bulk instead of quality blends
So you will be giving me a lift with this 600 metres then pal.

Exactly.

2 litres excell 3000 to 6 bags of mono gone by 3 o'clock 100m2 all this 8 o'clock s**t what the fucck k rend sucks end of story

K Rend is sh*t.

Having said that...Interested in KR GP Mortar as Weber OCR is s**t to float up, having said that I'm testing I section and acrylic on my own place.

That's the future freed but trying to talk the bigger companies into that spec is a waste to time. Reason being its all down to the dollar and there's probably not that much in it

Exactly.

Why am I seeing nothing like this? You using K1 or the E grade? 12 months ago I would have agreed with you on the K1, one of the lads suggested we try it again and it's completely different.

We always 2 pass and wet down before and after, we like to see where we are scratching.

I've been spraying K1 straight onto block all week mate.

I've been spraying K1 straight onto block all week mate.

Did they provide a spec?.

Last I heard krend could not be used as a monocouche render and always needs hp12 or hpx especially since most new builds are code 4 and the blocks are 3.6nm their base coats are polymer and stop the top coat of krend from its shrinking problem.

Still seems a lot of work when you can hit weber parex granicem presto enewall straight on as a one coat render with a full warranty with zero shrinkage or slumpage.

Don't get me wrong if they would pay for base coats I would be happy but new build they want the most cost effective direct route to coloured finish

Did they provide a spec?.

Last I heard krend could not be used as a monocouche render and always needs hp12 or hpx especially since most new builds are code 4 and the blocks are 3.6nm their base coats are polymer and stop the top coat of krend from its shrinking problem.

Still seems a lot of work when you can hit weber parex granicem presto enewall straight on as a one coat render with a full warranty with zero shrinkage or slumpage.

Don't get me wrong if they would pay for base coats I would be happy but new build they want the most cost effective direct route to coloured finish

As far as I'm aware there's no manufacturer recommends mono application on that strength block or so their reps tell me...

As far as I'm aware there's no manufacturer recommends mono application on that strength block or so their reps tell me...

No its not the right block for rendering, which I why you want the best product you can get your hands on really

I hope you get your customers to sign absolving you of any responsibility! No render is within spec on those blocks, how to they get them signed off by the NHBC etc? That weight block is only good for internal walls.

I 2 pass everything with a wet down, corporation pop is cheaper than accelerator I find. We also stress patch in the first pass.

Trying to bang 18mm on in one hit sounds great in any gear until you get that one job it won't stay on the wall.

No thanks.

It'd need to be, I wouldn't trust any gear applied to correct thickness in one hit. Every rep and technical guy I've spoke to has said 2 passes and watering is belt n braces for no additional cost so that's what I'm sticking to. It works for every brand n all so we can just apply what the customer asks for.

Brickies have lost the ability to build plum walls these days, 2 passes helps get over bellies easier n all.

I'm also not spending £200 a week on accelerators if I don't have to as well.

I hope you get your customers to sign absolving you of any responsibility! No render is within spec on those blocks, how to they get them signed off by the NHBC etc? That weight block is only good for internal walls.

Krend are speccing onto it that's the thing. They will spec anything rather than lose a sale.
They speccied standard ft over insulation for years because they never had a lightweight mono.
Parex introduce ehi or weber m1 for insulation to do the job properly.

All the new house builders are using a coated 3.6nm block for external. It meets the code and believe me all the render manufacturers are happy going over it.

Its all good and well us renderers asking for 7nm but the new house builders ate not interested on low rise developemnets. If your going to adhere to the renderes code you wouldn't be rendering either until the building had settled, how many new builds allow the stand time? Answer is zero.

Were installing for another contractor who has a warranty and spec. Fully backed with nhbc cert. Didn't you know there all in cahoots with each other? I told him its wrong they told him otherwise. Like said they will never lose a sale.

Did krend spec you k1 direct to block?
Because a friend of mine - a good renderer and a member on here had it out with technical in Ireland on the phone about the krend shrinkage issue who admitted that all krend products need a base coat yo eliminate the problem fully.

It'd need to be, I wouldn't trust any gear applied to correct thickness in one hit. Every rep and technical guy I've spoke to has said 2 passes and watering is belt n braces for no additional cost so that's what I'm sticking to. It works for every brand n all so we can just apply what the customer asks for.

Brickies have lost the ability to build plum walls these days, 2 passes helps get over bellies easier n all.

I'm also not spending £200 a week on accelerators if I don't have to as well.

Don't need accelarator now. Spray for 10 scrape at 3 job done or wet it down spray from 3 scrape next day.

Krend are speccing onto it that's the thing. They will spec anything rather than lose a sale.
They speccied standard ft over insulation for years because they never had a lightweight mono.
Parex introduce ehi or weber m1 for insulation to do the job properly.

All the new house builders are using a coated 3.6nm block for external. It meets the code and believe me all the render manufacturers are happy going over it.

Its all good and well us renderers asking for 7nm but the new house builders ate not interested on low rise developemnets. If your going to adhere to the renderes code you wouldn't be rendering either until the building had settled, how many new builds allow the stand time? Answer is zero.

Were installing for another contractor who has a warranty and spec. Fully backed with nhbc cert. Didn't you know there all in cahoots with each other? I told him its wrong they told him otherwise. Like said they will never lose a sale.

Did krend spec you k1 direct to block?
Because a friend of mine - a good renderer and a member on here had it out with technical in Ireland on the phone about the krend shrinkage issue who admitted that all krend products need a base coat yo eliminate the problem fully.

K1 a couple of years ago had issues, so did a couple of others. Not sure why, today it's very nice gear. There was a time even the fabled Monorex wasn't as good as it is today, funnily enough it dried a bit quicker back then.

I have a written K Rend spec straight onto block yes, there's always been a written spec straight onto block provided it's the correct density.

I haven't spoke to a single rep happy to go straight onto 3.6nm blocks, not even the blocks makers like it the blocks simply aren't strong enough. They all throw their arms up the second it's mentioned and suggest thin coats,at the very least fully meshed base coats with the caveat problems should be expected.

I haven't had any issues with shrinkage recently with any manufacturer, but we stick to to our script which seems to work.

Not sure if it's coincidence but Weber seems more prone to snapping blocks in two but that's not my problem . Definitely seeing less of that with the other two.

The blocks crack under stress of the building in most cases nothing to do with the render a lot of the time. Any rep reading from his memo sheet will deny any application onto 3.6 nm of course they will but the reality they have it on site on new build houses.
The very reason we check every spec over and advise our own preferred system.
Don't trust a sales rep in the 11th hour of a deal breaker regardless of what they say up front they will never take their eyes of the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.