K rend opinions

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persimmon, Linden, TW etc all use 7's in my neck of the woods not seen any other which is strange. I've had the odd small builder use lightweight blocks and at that point I call the reps to explain to them what's needed.

Never had any tell me to just whack it on.

Over strong mortars and renders can crack blocks. We coated new builds that have stood water tight for months and months only recently for the blocks to crack within a week of the stuff going on.

Yeah but mono is around 5.1 or weaker, the benefits of factory blended mortars in the first place to avoid what you said happened to you above. It was a problem with krend in the past but again why was the blend incorrect in the first place.? To many wrongs don't make a right bit I will take your word for it.

Over strong mortars and renders can crack blocks. We coated new builds that have stood water tight for months and months only recently for the blocks to crack within a week of the stuff going on.

Don't deny it but in the age of factory blended mortar and the right spec its very rare

Listen we both agree on the same thing. 3.6 should not be used and specced one coat. The problem I have is they are being used and krend are going over it and if you look through the many many krend threads on here you will see 90% of applicators believe it to be behind the others by some way. Just ask them yourself.
In the meantime I will try the "improved" k1 and see if it has changed for the better.

Here u go 3.6 split before we get near it.

Attachments

• 1431250905285.jpg
    1431250905285.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 318
Yeah but mono is around 5.1 or weaker, the benefits of factory blended mortars in the first place to avoid what you said happened to you above. It was a problem with krend in the past but again why was the blend incorrect in the first place.? To many wrongs don't make a right bit I will take your word for it.

They have all had problems in the past though. Parex EHI wasn't / isn't as good as the Monorex to apply, and Parex imo isn't a particularly good fit for the UK's climate without spending more money. I've seen recent Weber jobs where 7 nm blocks are shattered like glass and others are saying the same thing .

My point is that I find all material currently on the market has its quirks and it all needs looking after. Maybe we're being too anal but until I get a problem I'll stick with it.

It's not uncommon for blocks to crack before render same as it's not uncommon for them to crack straight after. I reckon that some renders can push blocks already under stress over the edge.

Just noticed having a Google about, K Rend have an automated spec writer on their website where one coat spec onto block is readily offered if you put the right details in.

They have all had problems in the past though. Parex EHI wasn't / isn't as good as the Monorex to apply, and Parex imo isn't a particularly good fit for the UK's climate without spending more money. I've seen recent Weber jobs where 7 nm blocks are shattered like glass and others are saying the same thing .

My point is that I find all material currently on the market has its quirks and it all needs looking after. Maybe we're being too anal but until I get a problem I'll stick with it.

It's not uncommon for blocks to crack before render same as it's not uncommon for them to crack straight after. I reckon that some renders can push blocks already under stress over the edge.

Just noticed having a Google about, K Rend have an automated spec writer on their website where one coat spec onto block is readily offered if you put the right details in.

Ehi is a mare but its right spec for insulation and boarded construction.
You already said you had problems with it tho not splitting open as much as it used to ? That's why I asked why use it you don't have to do that.

Slower setters are better overall for reduction in cracking risk I don't think the climate is an issue. As long as you stay away in Jan and Feb.

Granicem is lovely gear and very slow. Easy scrapes next morning never had a crack in that. They also have a granicem UL specific for house builders who insist on using lightweight's.
Have you tried it ? Sprays like cream

Ehi is a mare but its right spec for insulation and boarded construction.
You already said you had problems with it tho not splitting open as much as it used to ? That's why I asked why use it you don't have to do that.

Slower setters are better overall for reduction in cracking risk I don't think the climate is an issue. As long as you stay away in Jan and Feb.

Granicem is lovely gear and very slow. Easy scrapes next morning never had a crack in that. They also have a granicem UL specific for house builders who insist on using lightweight's.
Have you tried it ? Sprays like cream

I'm not a spec changer, if somebody wants something that's what they get. There's a good chance trying to change spec will only earn you a nod, wink and thanks for your time as there's always someone who will put on what the customer wants. We'll even hand apply FT if that's what we are asked for, even that is niceish if you mix it enough.

Not used the Granicem personally but I've heard it's nice stuff.

The K1 creams up lovely and only medium settings on the pump and is nice to spat. We got a couple of small splits on a couple of jobs at high level when windy which disappeared when we rubbed some snot in before scraping but the guy who flogged us the pump mentioned misting the walls down before and after and not had any since. Do that for everything now, helps keep job nice and supple and makes scraping easier to see.

I'm not a spec changer, if somebody wants something that's what they get. There's a good chance trying to change spec will only earn you a nod, wink and thanks for your time as there's always someone who will put on what the customer wants. We'll even hand apply FT if that's what we are asked for, even that is niceish if you mix it enough.

Not used the Granicem personally but I've heard it's nice stuff.

The K1 creams up lovely and only medium settings on the pump and is nice to spat. We got a couple of small splits on a couple of jobs at high level when windy which disappeared when we rubbed some snot in before scraping but the guy who flogged us the pump mentioned misting the walls down before and after and not had any since. Do that for everything now, helps keep job nice and supple and makes scraping easier to see.

No need to change a spec apply it to one of your own jobs to see what its like.

Status
Not open for further replies.