Just had a text

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is a good idea, we could each text him on different days so there no let up!

I'm asking his day rate for ironing,
I hate ironing then I'll say right build me a house on the same rate!
Tell him your charge by the mix, £120 a mix and that includes materials (unifinish obviously)

Had a text last year and said "how much to skim a ceiling?" I replied "which room and what size?" He said "12x12 bedroom" i sent a price and he replied "how much for cash, im getting other quotes?" I said "f**k**g hell dad why you getting quotes?!" :(:rolleyes:

If I get a text like that again my first reply will just be - well what's your day rate?

I don't even know the location of what he needed skimming could have been a couple of hours drive!

Knob jockey!!!

I have had texts and phone calls like this and tell em all the same, I will look at the job first then quote.
There lots of knobs out there

If I get a text like that again my first reply will just be - well what's your day rate?

I don't even know the location of what he needed skimming could have been a couple of hours drive!

Knob jockey!!!

Should of told him your day rate is £100.
Then when he says great and books you in mention that can do one wall a day!

These fucktards wind me up!
They think there all smart and saving money booking people on a day rate.
Yet they don't think to ask how much would be done in day for the rate.

I use this when I've had lads working for me asking for a pay rise.

For instance.
One bloke I'm paying 50 a day.
He thinks after his course and he's become qualified he can charge 150 cash as that's what plasterers are 'on'.... I said to him, right so you expect me to pay you 150 a day but I can pay an actual plasterer that amount and get twice as much done.
So technically what will take you 2 days takes him 1 and would make you twice and dear, no where near as good and with no money for me to make off it!??
O yea was his reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For instance.
He thinks after his course and he's become qualified he can charge 150 cash as that's what plasterers are 'on'.... I said to him, right so you expect me to pay you 150 a day but I can pay an actual plasterer that amount and get twice as much done.
So technically what will take you 2 days takes him 1 and would make you twice and dear, no where near as good and with no money for me to make off it!??
O yea was his reply!

That's the problem with people coming on here looking for work advertising themselves as 'qualified'
As soon as I hear that I'm out!

For instance.
O yea was his reply!

Had the same with a guy who works for me now and then who's quite slow.
So I pay him per job now so for example I say right skim that room and there's £150 in it for you, I don't care how long it takes you - just leave a good job! I then go and check the job before paying him! We both know where we stand then!

So just had a text - all that it said is "what is your day rate please?"

I replied to this unknown number asking who this is and depends what the job is,

He replied "plastering"

what a useful person this is!!
Just annoyed me so thought I'd share it with you all haha. Anybody else just get really helpful text with loads of information?

Just thinking of a reply to send him!

You can't really entertain these c**ts I'm afraid.
Can only end 1 way.

Tell the c**t £50 an hour and you do no less than 12 hour shifts.

I hate these tight arse bastards trying to be smart.

That's the problem with people coming on here looking for work advertising themselves as 'qualified'
As soon as I hear that I'm out!

Any1 who says "I'm fully qualified" big k means 1 thing..there have just completed a course..

Fully qualified bullshit merchant dealing in the finest bullshit and lies sold to anyone gullible enough to believe it :tanguero:

Post his number on here so that we can all reply to him.

Go on...
Just had a text

Sent from my Nokia 3210

For instance.
O yea was his reply!

was just looking through some plastering jobs advertised (not for me i am stacked) and i think most firms now have seen enough donkeys as most are asking for at least a few years experience or time served , says a lot about the trade now

Status
Not open for further replies.