Just had a text

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

So just had a text - all that it said is "what is your day rate please?"

I replied to this unknown number asking who this is and depends what the job is,

He replied "plastering"

what a useful person this is!!
Just annoyed me so thought I'd share it with you all haha. Anybody else just get really helpful text with loads of information?

Just thinking of a reply to send him!

He's getting abit stroppy now. I've just asked him if he's a builder etc, he said a days work is a days work.

I have replied yes but if it was a day of ceilings then I would expect more than if it was a day of walls? Just how I charge as ceilings f**k me up. Anybody else do this?

is he being a prick or am I on my period??

I replied to this unknown number asking who this is and depends what the job is,

He replied "plastering"

Just annoyed me so thought I'd share it with you all haha. Anybody else just get really helpful text with loads of information?

I got a txt couple months back simply saying..1 room plastering availabilty thanks Beeston area..just ignored it..lazy T***s

Just reply "My day rate for the work you've described is £850:00 + materials + expenses. Payment terms 30 days in advance."

Or, if you can't be bothered with all that just ignore the t**t. (y)

Sounds like alot of hassle for a days work to me just say sumat stupid price wise..a day isn't a day..id charge a day rate for some patching or a wall etc I wudnt charge a day rate If it was skimming say a little bedroom its price then...hes trying to mug u off with sounds of it

Sounds like alot of hassle for a days work to me just say sumat stupid price wise..a day isn't a day..id charge a day rate for some patching or a wall etc I wudnt charge a day rate If it was skimming say a little bedroom its price then...hes trying to mug u off with sounds of it

Exactly the feeling I got!

I reckon he's after my day rate then I'd turn up and expect a whole room done for it!!
Foook that!!

He replied "plastering"

Ring thenumber and when he answers shout very loudly "Who the f**k do you think you are!!!"

He replied "plastering"

Last week had text"how much to plaster 2 average size walls"
Lol

And how duz the person sending the text know it will only be a days work
Sounds like he's trying it on plus he sounds abit of a knob if he cnt be arsed ringing plus hes get arsy aswell and the guys never met him..sounds a rite bloke to do abit for..

He's getting abit stroppy now. I've just asked him if he's a builder etc, he said a days work is a days work.

I have replied yes but if it was a day of ceilings then I would expect more than if it was a day of walls? Just how I charge as ceilings f**k me up. Anybody else do this?

is he being a prick or am I on my period??
He is being a prick tell him to piss off and bother somebody else

I've had it in my job people asking what do u charge a meter ..... well that depends on the tiles and the layout and the state of the walls

Ask him is the house clean and will there be brews and bacon butties and will his missus be giving blowjobs at lunchtime :bananahappy:

He just replied saying he charges the same day rate if he is bricklaying, tiling plasteringor ironing. And he's not after someone who prices maybe variable.

Just replied saying "goodbye"

He just replied saying he charges the same day rate if he is bricklaying, tiling plasteringor ironing. And he's not after someone who prices maybe variable.

Just replied saying "goodbye"
You put it better then most !:hueco:

I've seen a tiling job done by a bricklayer it looked like he used a brick trowel to apply the adhesive and cut the tiles and trim and then also grouted with it my 2 &half year old works to a similar standard

Post his number we can all text him asking his day rate

Now that is a good idea, we could each text him on different days so there no let up!

I'm asking his day rate for ironing,
I hate ironing then I'll say right build me a house on the same rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.