Johnstone’s stormshield render

Members online

Nick54321

Hi All- wondered if you could help or point us in the right direction.
We have used stormshield high performance base coat on our external brick wall a 5ml thickness was applied, we then added the mesh cloth, and then another coat of the high performance base coat 5ml thick and scratched this (as our wall was so uneven we realised we needed another coat) so went to do another coat of high performance base coat to rub up smooth to then apply the primer and enchanced silicone render at a later date - but this last coat of base coat would not key to the scratch coat (the last scratch coat was applied over a week ago so was fully dry when trying to do the new smooth coat) is there anything you can recommend we use ie primer etc to key the two coats together.
2nd layer we didn’t use the mesh cloth.
Any advice much appreciated
Many thanks

Is it supposed to be one application to the thickness of the bead with there basecoat? I never use there products but I think there’s a Johnstone’s rep on this page

Is it supposed to be one application to the thickness of the bead with there basecoat? I never use there products but I think there’s a Johnstone’s rep on this page
One coat and then mesh and then another base coat smooth ready for coloured primer -
But as our wall was so uneven we needed another skim of basecoat
Let’s hope the rep replies

Knock off your last layer, use Johnstone's key coat primer, then apply your base coat making sure you remesh in the last few ml of the system.

Hi All- wondered if you could help or point us in the right direction.
We have used stormshield high performance base coat on our external brick wall a 5ml thickness was applied, we then added the mesh cloth, and then another coat of the high performance base coat 5ml thick and scratched this (as our wall was so uneven we realised we needed another coat) so went to do another coat of high performance base coat to rub up smooth to then apply the primer and enchanced silicone render at a later date - but this last coat of base coat would not key to the scratch coat (the last scratch coat was applied over a week ago so was fully dry when trying to do the new smooth coat) is there anything you can recommend we use ie primer etc to key the two coats together.
2nd layer we didn’t use the mesh cloth.
Any advice much appreciated
Many thanks
I've never known it not to stick either basecoats usually stick to everything especially themselves and you can't always do wet on wet especially in summer when it gets baked before you've finished meshing the elevation

I've never known it not to stick either basecoats usually stick to everything especially themselves and you can't always do wet on wet especially in summer when it gets baked before you've finished meshing the elevation
Johnstone's bonds loads better wet on wet, it's got that much polymer in it when it's cured there's a glaze on it almost waterproof no suction and can peel,
it should be one coat built up over two wet applications.

Johnstone's bonds loads better wet on wet, it's got that much polymer in it when it's cured there's a glaze on it almost waterproof no suction and can peel,
it should be one coat built up over two wet applications.
Yeah I know buddy very difficult to achieve on a big elevation in the sun this stuff bakes really fast and like I said I've never ever had it not stick I've used it for years without any problems

Yeah I know buddy very difficult to achieve on a big elevation in the sun this stuff bakes really fast and like I said I've never ever had it not stick I've used it for years without any problems
It still sucks and fuses together on the day even if the sun's dried the first coat, it's when it's left to cure that's were he's dropped a bollock.