its one cost after another

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
I know its the usual stuff, came back from two weeks away, van tax was out, ok do it online, no, mot was out, do the mot, luckily it passed, £54. ,tax van £215. parking permit for outside my house £175.00.. need a nice customer to help pay for all this....

I know its the usual stuff, came back from two weeks away, van tax was out, ok do it online, no, mot was out, do the mot, luckily it passed, £54. ,tax van £215. parking permit for outside my house £175.00.. need a nice customer to help pay for all this....

An hours patching in London, that should do it!:RpS_cool:

You have to pay £175 to park outside your own home!!! Holy ****

john the parking cost, is that just for one vehicle? our household my wife and myself have 3 vehicles, a car each and a truck, would we have to pay for 3 parking lots?

Parking outside permit is per vehicle, dependent on engine size too,I have a drive for the car, the councils are taking as much as the can where the can ...

them permit roads are a nightmare when you get a job down there never a bloody space to get into then when you do find one your in the wrong zone and you get a fine anyway:RpS_cursing:

them permit roads are a nightmare when you get a job down there never a bloody space to get into then when you do find one your in the wrong zone and you get a fine anyway:RpS_cursing:
Oddly its easier to park in Westminster than a lot of other boroughs, the owners or tenants should be able to provide permits whilst you are working, a lot can't be bothered to get them though

We did a job at London Bridge last year, about 150yds from Borough Market.
We were only there Saturday, Sunday and Monday

The gaffer got wheel clamped down a side alley, and the guy delivering a 22ft stainless steel counter got a ticket when he stopped to unload the thing, red zone ( coppers were there within 30 seconds of him getting out of his cab), took 6 of us to manhandle it less than 10 yards into the shop, damn thing weighed a ton

There was nowhere he could park to unload, nearest place we could park was half a mile away, and £20 a day.
A sparky got mugged going to his van in the side lane during the day on Sunday
4 fights within 20yds Saturday night, blues n twos for each, Ambos for a collapsed disabled drunk outside, and a stabbing outside the shop next door an hour befor we came in on Sunday morning, as for the tramps and a side alley!!! Ugh

The Smoke is a nightmare to work in

Spent years doing door work in some very bad spots in London.that aside parking is an issue, we refuse some jobs where I cannot park,congestion charges, is another bug bear,have to allow all this in your costs

i saw a scaffolding lorry parked in portabella road on a saturday morning. a warden was putting a ticket on the window, the scaffolders just kept unloading as if that was an everyday thing.

A friend of mine knocked out a warden one day but as the warden attacked him first he got away with it, the police don't like them either, yes Malcolm it happens everyday , bt vans,gas board vans, ticketed all the time and who picks up this bill in the end, only us taxpayers. Makes no sense ,

proberly is for them they dnt have a choice really if that building need scaff up or taking down the lorrys got to be outside of it i finished that job in notting hill portobello road monday and there was a scaff lorry outside with a ticket but they had to carry on working didnt even tell the warden to go fark himself

It's cheaper to be ticketed than to get bays close off by the council, that runs into serious money, if you get a house with pay as you go parking it is serious money to get a skip so people try the wait and load before seven am

Aaah Notting Hill that wonderful oasis in the maelstrom that is the Metropolis..........not.
Had the misfortune of working there right on the crossroad traffic lights

Materials had to be delivered by courier after 6pm, only 5 of us spoke English, wont forget the agent, "trying" to talk to a Pole or lithuanian, to see if he could converse with a Russian or whatever he was to get him to do or not do something, and not forgetting the nightly entertainment of the fights outside.

How I miss that place...........not

You have my sympathies John, although the little coffee shop next door to the flower shop was quite good, if it's still there

You have my sympathies John, although the little coffee shop next door to the flower shop was quite good, if it's still there
Not too bad where I am, away from the main hub, but I worked there during the carnival a few years back, big mistake

i like to look around the market early on sat. mornings, i get there about 6.30 am by 11 am, so many people it is impossible to trade.

ive got to go back up to my little job in notting hill soon, i finished the job last monday and today the fella running it rang me saying the plumber has facked his pipework up and wanted to rip up the bathroom floor tiles and underfloor heating to sort it, fella running the job says go fack ya self and you can rip the kitchen ceiling down then i have to go reboard and reskim............over a brand new kitchen:RpS_cursing:

john the parking cost, is that just for one vehicle? our household my wife and myself have 3 vehicles, a car each and a truck, would we have to pay for 3 parking lots?

malc what do you call a truck, one of those 4x4s pickup jobbies?

are you down this way malc, i always thought you was way out in the sticks

i am based in manningtree on the essex suffolk border.
i have another business that trades with danish ceramics, that is why i trawl portabella road market. must not keep all your eggs in one basket!

ive got to go back up to my little job in notting hill soon, i finished the job last monday and today the fella running it rang me saying the plumber has facked his pipework up and wanted to rip up the bathroom floor tiles and underfloor heating to sort it, fella running the job says go fack ya self and you can rip the kitchen ceiling down then i have to go reboard and reskim............over a brand new kitchen:RpS_cursing:

it is always cheaper to drop the ceiling.

you can only drive one at a time

what they should do is lower car tax and put the car tax up for people who have more cars than they need:RpS_biggrin:

drive fast :RpS_lol: its either 30, 40, 50 or 70 :RpS_wink:

you can only drive one at a time

what they should do is lower car tax and put the car tax up for people who have more cars than they need:RpS_biggrin:

drive fast :RpS_lol: its either 30, 40, 50 or 70 :RpS_wink:

i did get stopped for speeding at 130mph on the a14 near newmarket. but as luck would have it an ambulance had just pulled out of the slip road, so i moved over to the third lane to get out of the way.
a copper in a ford told me that it is dangerous to drive at that speed. i said that i agreed with him it was dangerous in the vehcile that he was in, i never heard anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.