Is there anything wrong with adding cement to bonding.?

Members online

I am now getting grief for saying that I have added cement to bonding. This isn't a practice I make a habit of, but it was a tip I was given years ago from an old boy who was a brilliant spreader.

Do others do this.?

Cheers

I am now getting grief for saying that I have added cement to bonding. This isn't a practice I make a habit of, but it was a tip I was given years ago from an old boy who was a brilliant spreader.

Do others do this.?

Cheers

we often mix cement with bonding for low suction work.
the tip that you gave was to add bonding to sand and cement on a damp proof job which is not a good idea..

Put it in your skimming aswell 1/4 bad of blue circle 3/4bag of multi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its terrible it dry's to fast so if your on day work you dont have time to sit and do nothing.

I just done a job with it this evening, layed it on around a gap in a fire place then skimmed the breast. Got there at 4 left at 6.45.

Lovley job

Put it in your skimming aswell 1/4 bad of blue circle 3/4bag of multi

i would not put cement in the finish coat, i have seen it done by someone else and the cement was bleeding through the skim in little spots all over the walls.

i have never seen bonding 60 for sale, but 60 mins is still to slow.
Ask at merchants Malc tbh I thought it was available to get price on now,on some bags used its ready in 30 minutes and honestly does have a lot better feel, would be good to see what you and others think , me personally think it's better than my beloved unifinish and when both are used together,spot on

i would not put cement in the finish coat, i have seen it done by someone else and the cement was bleeding through the skim in little spots all over the walls.
Half and half it then, how would that go?[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Ask at merchants Malc tbh I thought it was available to get price on now,on some bags used its ready in 30 minutes and honestly does have a lot better feel, would be good to see what you and others think , me personally think it's better than my beloved unifinish and when both are used together,spot on

has the colour change started after 30 mins?

has the colour change started after 30 mins?
Just, firm,keyed and skimming straight away,think they called it 60 to be on safe side,some dudes have got through pallets of it and all say same that it's better to use than normal bonding set, as soon as it's mixed up can feel it setting from the off,on deeper thickness the same.

Just, firm,keyed and skimming straight away,think they called it 60 to be on safe side,some dudes have got through pallets of it and all say same that it's better to use than normal bonding set, as soon as it's mixed up can feel it setting from the off,on deeper thickness the same.

we do not key bonding, we do mix hardwall 50/ 50 with bonding then run a trowel over it, to give extra suction.
just show how different areas of uk do things differently

You sure they weren't spots of mold from the rising damp? :whistle:

Put cement in with water and mix aggressively first, then add plaster to it. Only done it a few times and never brave enough to add more then a couple handfuls but that way cement actually mixes in

Tell it how it is dynamite, half a shovel of cement to a bucket of bonding, not just adding it, that's loading it up with cement, you need a handful to a bag to speed it up

Lol I have done it... would I recommend it... nope... but sometimes who wants to hang around :)

60 minute set on bonding is food and it is something that @BritishGypsum has been working on :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You sure they weren't spots of mold from the rising damp? :whistle:

no not damp. it was on a new build on the first floor. walls had been floated and the skim had little green spots all over it. i suppose the developer just decorated it but it did not look good.

no not damp. it was on a new build on the first floor. walls had been floated and the skim had little green spots all over it. i suppose the developer just decorated it but it did not look good.

It was a joke. :(

Has it been realised yet.

Put a scraper full of lime in a 15 ltr bucket of pink bonding and it becomes bonding 15 min set.