Is the customer always right?

Members online

Ralphyboy

Customer wants me to skim this ceiling,3.5 x 2.2m,and leave a blemish free smooth ceiling!
I said would be best to overboard it he doesn't want to lose any height on the room!!
Help,aargh....

Attachments

• 20191016_122754.jpg
    20191016_122754.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 274
Nasty bump in the middle. That will more than likely crack again . Personally I’d overboard it or walk away

The customer wants to try and keep this room in keeping with the age of the house.Trouble is they're friends of a mate of mine so rather than walk away I'll have to explain the pitfalls of not doing it properly and guess what?
Everybodies favourites, "I would just like to know a price so I can see how it fits into the Budget" lol

The customer wants to try and keep this room in keeping with the age of the house.Trouble is they're friends of a mate of mine so rather than walk away I'll have to explain the pitfalls of not doing it properly and guess what?
Everybodies favourites, "I would just like to know a price so I can see how it fits into the Budget" lol
So give him a day rate price and do the best you can, not your responsibility if it goes tits up

I just give the customer options.

1) the right way
2) the other way of which I take 0 responsibility when it cracks. If they go that route I send a confirmation text before work starts

Drop it , or walk .Imo
Not great is it , a favour for a " mate " , had a similar thing with a mates mate , overskim artex throughout , he got a clip board out and wanted fixed price , I explained there's always a risk blah blah so a guarantee costs , OK says he , gotta another spread coming later so can I have a fixed price , I explained I was doing it as a favour cos mutual mate as I walked out the door , got no time for people who know nothing but the price , apparently he was well screwed over , you just can't help some people

Not great is it , a favour for a " mate " , had a similar thing with a mates mate , overskim artex throughout , he got a clip board out and wanted fixed price , I explained there's always a risk blah blah so a guarantee costs , OK says he , gotta another spread coming later so can I have a fixed price , I explained I was doing it as a favour cos mutual mate as I walked out the door , got no time for people who know nothing but the price , apparently he was well screwed over , you just can't help some people
I don't get into mates rates, let alone mates, mates stuff, that's for sure !!! Its fuckedthough, anyone can see its dropped of the lath ! Although ,tbh , im not a fan of overboarding, in most situations situations it just seems either lazy or pointless.

Makes you laff. bloke I know told someone don't ask him he don't do mates rates. Just because your on first name terms they expect you to work for shite wages.