Is plastering worth doing?

Members online

Vast experience? At 81 I'd wanna be in a home wearing a nappy shitting myself and forgetting who everyone is not pushing plaster up a wall he must carry on cod he needs the money

Only ever lost the plot once with a post before on here and that was the Sarah Beanie wannabe
but anyway, Are you for real?
One minute you on about setting up yourself next the hassle might be to much ?
How about you help the poor old guy out and try boost up the business with website and a Facebook works page, in your 20s and easy for you to set up for him as a thanks for showing you what he knows, you talk about money and yes there is plenty in it the fibrous side is probably your most lucrative when he lets you take over,
Tbh pisses me off reading you'd rather drive a lorry when he setting you up for life , give the guy some respect and be gracious for the job.

Only ever lost the plot once with a post before on here and that was the Sarah Beanie wannabe
How about you help the poor old guy out and try boost up the business with website and a Facebook works page, in your 20s and easy for you to set up for him as a thanks for showing you what he knows, you talk about money and yes there is plenty in it the fibrous side is probably your most lucrative when he lets you take over,
Tbh pisses me off reading you'd rather drive a lorry when he setting you up for life , give the guy some respect and be gracious for the job.
You didn't mention selfies also help promote

He sounds like an interesting chap to be honest... If you have been his apprentice for 2 years I would say you like the job and throwing it away would be a waste and also wasted 2 years of your life...

Take the opportunity if it fails at least you tried and also you can then go and do whatever...

IMG_3893.PNG

Yeah well it's a serious decision for me to be honest and it's not just the hassle of setting up it's costs, pressure, stress, responsibility and risk, And I have suggested facebook to him before but he wasn't keen thinks there's to many time wasters (his words not mine) although I think website and online is the way forward for advertising he thinks otherwise... I don't think it would be "easy" to take on the business and I'm concerned about the financial side of it - have you had experience in fibrous plastering?
Also it's not that I would rather drive a lorry, I would just rather have proper financial stability and less stress/responsibility/ pressure etc.

Yeah well it's a serious decision for me to be honest and it's not just the hassle of setting up it's costs, pressure, stress, responsibility and risk, And I have suggested facebook to him before but he wasn't keen thinks there's to many time wasters (his words not mine) although I think website and online is the way forward for advertising he thinks otherwise... I don't think it would be "easy" to take on the business and I'm concerned about the financial side of it - have you had experience in fibrous plastering?
Also it's not that I would rather drive a lorry, I would just rather have proper financial stability and less stress/responsibility/ pressure etc.[/QUOTE

Your right to give it serious thought, it's your future and you have kids so every decision has to be well thought through.

Also it's not that I would rather drive a lorry, I would just rather have proper financial stability and less stress/responsibility/ pressure etc.
Sound, have another chat to him about your money concern then and get online side of it sorted , I don't do fibrous plastering, never had the opportunity to do that side of plastering, my mate runs this company around my way and they are always busy and tbh they are probably the biggest fibrous suppliers in this area as no one else is set up like them, you'd be stupid to not see it through, here is my mates site might help you.
http://www.regencymouldings.co.uk/

You sound like you need to put your big boy pants on and man up...someone willing to give you a 50 year old business for free and you dont really want it...go drive your lorry mate it will suit your mentallity... to be honest I wish your boss was on here so he could see this drivell and give it to someone who had a bit more of a hungry attitude

I can take criticism and daft comments all day long... I appreciate the advice will keep posted how it goes.
I had to sleep in a van in the middle of january to have the chance to set up a business with zero rep, zero custom and probably only a small chance of surviving the first year....like I said he should give it someone else as you dont have the determination/character to make a business work

Sorry if my last post sounded bad but the mardy b*****d primmadonnas do my head.....what do you think guys, this old man who built his business for 50 years wants to give it to me free but im worried about the stress of having a successful well-established business, with absolutely no legwork on my part, should I go for it or go and work in costa coffee intead

I think he was probably having a moment of self doubt and overthinking it all. 25 is young to have 3 kids and Mrs a big responsibility to provide and make all the right decisions. If he wants to be a plasterer good luck to him, if he wants to drive a lorry good luck to him.

Sorry if my last post sounded bad but the mardy b*****d primmadonnas do my head.....what do you think guys, this old man who built his business for 50 years wants to give it to me free but im worried about the stress of having a successful well-established business, with absolutely no legwork on my part, should I go for it or go and work in costa coffee intead

You make it sound easy, no legwork ha if only... and it wouldn't be free I haven't discussed any details also theres overheads, and it's not so successful at the minute it's in need of some serious work, also try not to judge me as a person just from this post I have potential and I know it just need commitment

You make it sound easy, no legwork ha if only... and it wouldn't be free I haven't discussed any details also theres overheads, and it's not so successful at the minute it's in need of some serious work, also try not to judge me as a person just from this post I have potential and I know it just need commitment
Problem is with no passion or commitment you will never make a business work....im not judging you as person mate, honestly im not, im sure your a sound person but from your posts you have no passion for the business, or you would know you wanted it...if you dont wantit drive the lorry and make your way through that line of work

Problem is with no passion or commitment you will never make a business work....im not judging you as person mate, honestly im not, im sure your a sound person but from your posts you have no passion for the business, or you would know you wanted it...if you dont wantit drive the lorry and make your way through that line of work

Ok mate no worries at all, I do love it at times and actually enjoy it.. just hope it's worth the time, money and hard work we will see anyway I appreciate the comments