Insurance work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
hi all

Not really askin for a price on a job as i know how much it gets on yer nerves. Just wondered how you add a % on for insurance work. Been asked to rip down, re board and skim a 6x3m ceiling.

I know how much im happy to charge but was gonna throw on an extra £100 odd on top as fella wants insurance invoice.

How do you do it?

yeah id always make it very worth ur while. the custiomer dont give a toss, and insurance companies will always pay a premuim

and depending on how you do it, if you are being paid from the insurance company you may have to wait 30days for it. last private insurance job i did i charged nearly double cus a, i was busy and b, wanted to make it worth my while. i got it and the customer paid me personally when the day i finished lol

last dozen or so insurance jobs ive done, all have been paid by customer. seems as though insurance companys are just letting customers sort trades out themselves up here.

Just to update u all

Finished the job today. Wont tell u what i charged but the job consiseted of replacing water damge ceiling with ONE 6x3 board and reskim 6x2 m ceiling. I board and one bag of multi. Mats were £15 ish. Done in 4 hours on me own

Other bloke who quoted quoted the fella £500 for two lads :RpS_laugh:

Oh yeah and that was without giving the fella his excess back- he wanted £700 for that

I triple my price on MOST small /medium insurance quotes becuase....

1.often they come to nothing and your being used to give a quote.
2.Some companies ive worked for will make you wait 30 days or longer for payment i once waited 90 days for payment from a local council.
3.Every aspect of insurance work as to be above bored all work guaranteed with no comebacks or youl lose money.
4.From the time you gave the first quote you could revisit the property several times and make endless calls to loss adjusters etc chasing your money or getting the go ahead for something.
5.Because you can get away with it !!!!!

Amate of my sons does this work all the time but has to wait 6 weeks for his doe now he has been doing it for a while the waiting aint a problem as he now has constant cash flow the type of job you are talking about would be £800

yep... I have to agree that insurance work needs to be bob on but still none the less its a good earner if you get them...

I use to charm the customer and I got 95% of my quotes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.