i hate plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

12 ft x 12 ft. Bedroom in terraced. Double bed in room , big cupboard 2 chests of draws and recliner chair as well and I had to skim ceiling. Had to mix in the cubby hole. Had to move planks to get out the room or to get a mix on. 9 ft high ceiling. And it must have been a hundred degrees.......like the title says.....I h a t e p l a s t e r i n g........ Sometimes.

in situations like that you either walk away, tell them it needs to come out or double your price for the inconvenience. Simples.

it's amazing what keeps you going, innit?

what was you thinking as you were doing it to get through it?

I go through it every day even on the good days i am thinking i hate plastering its inevitable we all end up hating it covered in s**t and dust every day bloody nightmare and working with some one who has an ocd when it comes to cleanliness aint the easiest hmmmm.

Was for a nice old lady. No room to move anything out as the house was full of stuff. Kept me going with biscuits and cakes tho. Oh and I got a blob of plaster in my eye at start. Was stuck on my eyeball. Luckily the eye wash was in the van. Shitty day. But it didn't stop me singing and dancing all day. That's what keeps me going when I'm having a grueler of a day.

No excuses you should of told the lazy bitch to get off her ass and clear the room .......I do hope you robbed her blind while she was downstairs sniffing her farts

It's the money what keeps us going as in all jobs I suppose am really pissed off with it at the moment s**t and dust every day.
That's all part of the job

like any other job aint it, some days good, some days bad, rough with the smooth and all that.

i wish i had had a shity job too do. im truly getting fcuk off with this game especially now i cant tout for work at b&q that was my saving grace and had kept me going for the last 4 months now i dont know where to turn to :mad:

I hope you made use of that bed then............good height for doing the ceiling methinks:RpS_thumbup:

tunes keep me going, money too - well what there is of it. I used to try and visualise a perfectly plastered wall or room before I started. Fcuk that now, it's like let's get it on, in a marvin gaye stylee.

the thought of a cold beer at the end keeps me sane.

Anyone get plastering flashbacks? Drifting off to sleep, rewinding and replaying every move. Maybe it's just me..

Don't go to homebase that's for sure ..... Bastards sent me a 70 quid Parking fine thru for being an hour and a bit over.... Well an hour and the bit was a big bit... I think it was 3 hours all in. But they are still bastards.

tunes keep me going, money too - well what there is of it. I used to try and visualise a perfectly plastered wall or room before I started. Fcuk that now, it's like let's get it on, in a marvin gaye stylee.

the thought of a cold beer at the end keeps me sane.

Anyone get plastering flashbacks? Drifting off to sleep, rewinding and replaying every move. Maybe it's just me..

yep i do that especially before tackling a tricky job lie in bed doing the job in my head cant sleep wake up knackered and go and do it again

you know what, i'm kinda gettign lured into the spunky's church of one coatedness.

Will I find salvation there brother spunky, will that get me over to the other side?

I'm at the stage now where I challenge myself to do bigger and bigger sets, now I've taken on a labourer we tend to do rolling sets which are a killer! As above I look forward to a cold beer at the end of the day! The money can be good, but u sure have to graft hard for it.

Don't go to homebase that's for sure ..... Bastards sent me a 70 quid Parking fine thru for being an hour and a bit over.... Well an hour and the bit was a big bit... I think it was 3 hours all in. But they are still bastards.

HOPE YOU AINT PAID IT ITS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO ISSUE TICKETS TELL THEM TO DO ONE oops caps sorry. if you aint go on this site they will help PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

yep i do that especially before tackling a tricky job lie in bed doing the job in my head cant sleep wake up knackered and go and do it again

u need to chill out mate, its only plastering!!

just take it as it comes, dont get stressed. some are good, some are s**t. but if u get stressed or lose ur head it just gets harder

Status
Not open for further replies.