I hate joiners.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

...and I think we all feel the same.

The job I'm on now...it may well come to blows. Fcukin fed up of this shite.

I was floating onto solid block work one day and skimming the next. Went in one morning to find the chippie had started planting the skirting onto the undercoat plaster. I had a word and his reply was he was on a day rate & had to do something, then used a phrase only employed people can use. " Not my problem!"

Some joiners I've worked with couldn't put sticks in candy apples:RpS_crying::rolleyes)

Last edited:
Good and bad ones, its often upto the site foreman to have it sequenced properly, most of us scare people out of our way anyway. I hate when the put door frames off plumb or don't align them when they are in a row.

Good and bad ones, its often upto the site foreman to have it sequenced properly, most of us scare people out of our way anyway. I hate when the put door frames off plumb or don't align them when they are in a row.

The best one is when they think its acceptable to leave wedges sticking out a few inches on door frames!!! It's ok I will chop them back!!! W.ankers!

I remember this chippie on site watched me scrim toilet ceilings n walls out. Knocked one up came back, during this time he decided he was going to start putting on skirting board on. He started whinging whilst I was putting ceiling on. I replied haven't you got an umbrella...... he soon got the message!!

Or when they foam any openings around casings or windows and leave it all over the place. Cut it back you prick!

alot of joiners haven't a clue. They dont realise we only need a couple of mm to work to when skimmimg. Not an inch. When upstairs in a house i always have a cordless screwdriver with me. I put the door frames back in the cubby holes.

I hate the electricians more when they leave the wires hanging everywhere

Or when they foam any openings around casings or windows and leave it all over the place. Cut it back you prick!

This has become my biggest hate on jobs over the last few years. On one job I timed how long it took to trim all the shite back, it took two hours. It was a big drum admittedly but I could have spread a fair few m2 in that time.

ED72F07C-9688-4CC4-B05F-9A473529CB40-3411-000006AD89C3FD32_zps237f13ef.jpg

Lazy gets didn't even put any screws in or nog the top out least there were no wedges sticking out 4" like the other frames. That foam stuff should be banned from certain people using it.

I often see double glazing frames warp by using too much foam. They need to know when it's to be used and when support is needed whilst it sets.

I often see double glazing frames warp by using too much foam. They need to know when it's to be used and when support is needed whilst it sets.

Yeah seen many Windows an doors foamed in!! Usually comes with crappy window firms and crappy profiles that aren't reinforced...

one of the fellas i do a bit for every now and then fills chases with the shite, hate it

well i find the biggest problems are with scaffolders, they always seem to make externals hardwork.

Have you 'windmilled' him yet marra? :RpS_thumbup:

Wish I had....some of these muppets need to learn some respect for the real tradesmen.
When I went back next day he'd stayed late and finished all his first fix, so he was gone.

Tosser.

Christ I'm glad I'm not doing site work at the moment. Still, I've got to start on some soon with a contractor on social housing. Not looking forward to it now! Lol.

Job I'm on now is a laugh. Skimming a bedroom but the owner is pissed off with the ceiling which is sloping. Why is it sloping? Because the tw*ts that did the flat roof did not want to bother putting firring strips on top so they just put all the main joists in on the piss. Lol.
Now I'm having to do the opposite and screw firrings to the underside of them and board.

Job I'm on now is a laugh. Skimming a bedroom but the owner is pissed off with the ceiling which is sloping. Why is it sloping? Because the tw*ts that did the flat roof did not want to bother putting firring strips on top so they just put all the main joists in on the piss. Lol.
Now I'm having to do the opposite and screw firrings to the underside of them and board.
Have seen that done before, a head shaker,another classic is the chippy jacking up the floor joists to level them but leaving the joist hangers down under Neath so you have to board around and bond the ceiling, stupid so fn stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.