Howdy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Henry, I am in South Cheshire, but work North Staffs/ Derbyshire Peaks areas mainly. Did my stint in Germany a while back, oh the stories, but thats another thread.
Asylum, no worries, I am used to working in a similar enviroment and with lunatics:razz:

howdy,
well Ihave just spent a while skimming the board trying to ascertain wether or not being asked my s*x is a loaded question, a joke or serious. I am still struggling!
come to think of it I have never come across a female spread, however joiners and sparks there are many.
and its a hawk not a handboard:razz:

ooooo you're gonna start it all off wait till mr nps butts in, i've been plastering since 78 and it was called a hawk then lol.
check our the clay plaster if you you are looking for something different!

just tell them you're a cross dresser and they'll leave you alone bubblesbruver :RpS_thumbup:

clemo....thought you might have been after a boyfriend:razz:

Clay plaster, ok, Ive been doing a hell of a lot of barn conversions lately and at least 50% are moving over to the Lime puttys /renders; I wonder if this is another option; it sure looks interesting.

clemo....thought you might have been after a boyfriend:razz:

Clay plaster, ok, Ive been doing a hell of a lot of barn conversions lately and at least 50% are moving over to the Lime puttys /renders; I wonder if this is another option; it sure looks interesting.

Sure is, better money and most important job satisfaction check out the clay plastering section i can answer your questions on there :RpS_thumbsup:

welcome mate

its a handboard !!! a hawk is something we use up here to catch our dinner
Sparrowhawk catches pigeon in garden *HD* *Warning: Hawk killed dove, may be considered shocking* - YouTube

Look, the plasterers "Hawk" has been called so since the beginning of time (maybe).
There is questionable reference to it in Hamlet ?(1600s) where it is compared to a handsaw as a verification of Hamlets sanity.
Some will try to explain it away as a mis-spelling however I for one will take it as is read and the comparison to be be between the 2 items.

Handboard, ok, an alternative to "hawk", but termed so at a later in my opinion; obviously for the new boys.
Why would Marshalltown and other "Hawk" manufacturers use the term? instead of Handboard?

I like "Hawk" it gives us spreads some mystery dark trade only knowledge, a little like the da vinci code :razz:

Rock on !

Look, the plasterers "Hawk" has been called so since the beginning of time (maybe).
There is questionable reference to it in Hamlet ?(1600s) where it is compared to a handsaw as a verification of Hamlets sanity.
Some will try to explain it away as a mis-spelling however I for one will take it as is read and the comparison to be be between the 2 items.

Handboard, ok, an alternative to "hawk", but termed so at a later in my opinion; obviously for the new boys.
Why would Marshalltown and other "Hawk" manufacturers use the term? instead of Handboard?

I like "Hawk" it gives us spreads some mystery dark trade only knowledge, a little like the da vinci code :razz:

Rock on !

you tell em bubblesbruver...over to you mr nps :RpS_wub:

im not gonna start an argument with someone that reads Hamlet :RpS_bored: ill leave that for the more intellectual lads on here,,,,,,,que bubbles :RpS_wink:

ay bubblebobble have you named yourself after the game?? love that game

View attachment 1191

NPS, sure have, spent many a hour/day/week in the local during the mid eighties trying to reach LVL100.
Eventually did but after a lot of coins hitting the slots and too many beers.
In-fact been looking for an original machine but they are a rarity, seen them on the bay in the past.
Must convince the wife its a good idea though.

NPS, sure have, spent many a hour/day/week in the local during the mid eighties trying to reach LVL100.
Eventually did but after a lot of coins hitting the slots and too many beers.
In-fact been looking for an original machine but they are a rarity, seen them on the bay in the past.
Must convince the wife its a good idea though.

there use to be a 'table' machine place near us he use to rent them out or sell them, they were proper dear!!
i use to have it for the PS2 but when i got rid of it for the PS3 it wouldnt play on it ggrrrr. there use to be a cheat on the machine that gave you full power ups, what you had to do was tap the controller in different directions in a certain order

Yup, I have 2 copies for the ps2 ( as I lost 1, then found it) it will play on the fat ps3, although not the new one. I am sure they do an emulator on the PS store that will play some ps2 games, not sure if BB is supported.
Now tell where has your sig gone? when it appears will it be along the lines of "I use a Hawk too, now bb has educated me"?:razz:

Welcome to the forum BB :RpS_thumbup:
You can get Bubble Bobble Double on iPhone or iPad new & classic versions :RpS_wink:
Ps. I use a spinning hawk :RpS_biggrin:

mmm its too out of the box for the average skimmer lets put it on the back burner keep us posted, i think BB has converted mr nps, that it is a hawk! watch his signature :RpS_lol:

Mmmm don't think nps will lie down to it that easy, handboard man thru an thru, he is:rolleyes)

Well to be honest I am thinking NPS is biding his time.
Probably rifling through some ancient texts from the National museum or delving into some remote part of Sumerian history in order to prove his cause.
Its damn exciting

your telling me it is BB never seen him this quiet, i know he struggles with big words maybe thats it, lets be patient you smacked down with shakspear think it frightened him :RpS_wink:

nisus post the vids up of the spinning 'handboard'

am quiet cos its the weekend ;-)

Hey NPS,
its surely a handboard, i before e and all that?
Yes Nisus, spinning hawk would be an interesting, but then again I spin mine all the time, does it have elaborate bearings etc? :)

Just got to say this friendly banter makes a change from other forums, suppose its the mindset of the trade.

Also can someone give me a quick overview on this "Hawk" and "Handboard" thing .

Rock on !

Status
Not open for further replies.