How to use plasiflex?

Members online

No members online now.

megamix

I’m thinking of getting a plasiflex and was wondering do you use them just to flatten off before using steel ? Seen a video of one guy laying in with one . I tried one years ago to trowel up with but it didn’t get the lines back .

Piss & wind!!!

Just a gimmick....only good to dry trowel once all the works all done!
I thought they might be good to flatten off like a speed skim . I’ve got a speed skim which is mint on big ceilings . But because I do a lot of domestic i always find them cumbersome on the walls . There too much to work around and you can never get a good flow.

I had a refina plaziflez. Snapped. I got a delahedy. Spent more time wet and drying it getting rid of scratches. They’re pretty shite really other than that final polish. I’m interested in the nela max plastic. That plastic seems a lot thicker and rigid

I had a refina plaziflez. Snapped. I got a delahedy. Spent more time wet and drying it getting rid of scratches. They’re pretty shite really other than that final polish. I’m interested in the nela max plastic. That plastic seems a lot thicker and rigid
Anyone tried nela max and got any feed back and how to use it ?

Get a refina non foamed plazi pal .... don't bother with the foam ones (foam ones are useful for curves etc though

You can trowel up with them after you've flattened off and the gears picked up slightly .... just keep the blade really closed ... better on board work imo ... overskims id only use it after the gears gone for a final swipe though

Get a refina superflex2 .... finish walls in a couple of passes if you lay on nice and neat etc

@Danny swears by nela max. Wifes getting me one for xmas .
Plastic fantastic are great but waste of time but i still use mine right at end.

I’m thinking of getting a plasiflex and was wondering do you use them just to flatten off before using steel ? Seen a video of one guy laying in with one . I tried one years ago to trowel up with but it didn’t get the lines back .
Use em at end but don't touch beeds or sockets with em

Get a nela max.... the best there is... oddly doing a long term review on that as we speak... will be live monday when I get some photos done

I use the foambackef Plaziflex after the second batch has been put on the wall..... I then flatten off with Plaziflex then onto the s*p*r*lex ...That's the way I was taught and I still do it that way

Use em at end but don't touch beeds or sockets with em
If it’s just to give it a shine then it’s pointless and superficial. You can do that with any trowel. I’m looking at ways to make gauges pull in faster in cold weather . Thought the plastic would close it in better

If it’s just to give it a shine then it’s pointless and superficial. You can do that with any trowel. I’m looking at ways to make gauges pull in faster in cold weather . Thought the plastic would close it in better
No difference in time ......unless you one coat

This Nelamax is still plastic despite how hard the plastic is. If metal can nick then this plastic will too. Also even harder to sand out because it’s a harder plastic :rayos:

@choppa can give us his opinion! He snapped one from Danny with double entrance , so take it with a pinch of salt whatever he says! I guess will be more or less what Danny says ! Lol

Haha
@choppa can give us his opinion! He snapped one from Danny with double entrance , so take it with a pinch of salt whatever he says! I guess will be more or less what Danny says ! Lol
I’ve wrote bit about what I think to people. I did write a little review but could t post it a while ago and the more I read it the more it didn’t make sense and my spelling/grammar is shocking :lol:

I found the best method of using one was to walk outside your house, or wherever the nearest bin is, lift up the bin lid, make sure there's plenty of room for your plazi.. just before you throw it in make sure you bend it up good n proper so it's even more disabled than it already was, for life, then chuck it in, proceed to cover it in all the rubbish you can get your hands on, preferably really heavy stuff like bricks, rubble etc/ if you can get away with it, duck tape the bin lid down, throw the whole bin in the back of a dustbin truck, hijack the truck and drive it to a nearby cliff, set light to it and roll it off. That worked best for me but I know everyones different.

I found the best method of using one was to walk outside your house, or wherever the nearest bin is, lift up the bin lid, make sure there's plenty of room for your plazi.. just before you throw it in make sure you bend it up good n proper so it's even more disabled than it already was, for life, then chuck it in, proceed to cover it in all the rubbish you can get your hands on, preferably really heavy stuff like bricks, rubble etc/ if you can get away with it, duck tape the bin lid down, throw the whole bin in the back of a dustbin truck, hijack the truck and drive it to a nearby cliff, set light to it and roll it off. That worked best for me but I know everyones different.
I am not quite sure if you like the plaziflex or not could you please just verify that would be great