How to straighten new 110v cables.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshall

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
I have just bought two new 14m 110v extension leads. they arrived held together with plastic strapping to stop them uncoiling. my guess is they have been like that for quite a while because nothing I have tried will stop them from kinking and twisting. I've run them through my hands several times to try and remove any kinks (works all the time with climbing rope) I have even tried laying it out on the floor overnight but it hasn't worked.
when using them, I find myself constantly having to untwist the cables.

does anyone have any suggestions?

Buy the ones on a reel.
bcr25110_zpsfa4e61ca.jpg
..:RpS_wink:

Last edited:
I don't like the ones on a reel. which is why I didn't buy one in the first place.
yeah I miss constantly untwist them and laying them out on the floor overnight to straighten them out...
:RpS_lol:
tell us, why don't you like the ones on the reel..:rolleyes)

If u don't unreel em fully ( on the reel) they heat up and melt and then u get a smack from your dad... Experiance....

yeah I miss constantly untwist them and laying them out on the floor overnight to straighten them out...
:RpS_lol:
tell us, why don't you like the ones on the reel..:rolleyes)

Because if your power tools only have a short cable on them, you end up tethered to the cable reel. so I prefer single extension leads with one plug on each end.

There isn't an answer for everything or a perfect ending Marshall. Some things like twists in cables you just have to live with.

On a side note, have you given any more thought towards that floral frock?

H
Because if your power tools only have a short cable on them, you end up tethered to the cable reel. so I prefer single extension leads with one plug on each end.

:RpS_confused: eh.:confused::RpS_sneaky::rolleyes):RpS_lol::RpS_zzzz:glare:co:RpS_wink::RpS_thumbsup:eek:l:

You need to start getting out more if **** like this bothers you. Seriously who gives a flying ****!

I plug mine in , put in a warm bath an jump in , it don't really straighten out but I love the buzz

I wonder if this is a good way to uncoil pubic hair........................:RpS_unsure: cos wor lass is getting sick of me using her straighteners.............:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.