How should I finish this edge?

Members online

Inside wall is fireboard, I'm going to re-board (dot and dab) and skim the facing wall, but not skim the fireboard. But If I make it flush there will be an exposed plasterboard edge.

Should I just suck it up and skim the fireboard or is there an edging bead that will cover the edge of plasterboard?

IMG_4264.JPG

If it's the dabbed wall you want an edge bead for I would think a corner bead will work as you will have a void, fill the void with adhesive fix the bead then skim.
Otherwise as above, you can pick them up in the bigger b&q's probs be bent though.
pound-1-35-per-bead-box-of-50-speed-pro-568-3m-x-13mm-plasterboard-edge-bead-galvanised-670.jpg

Perforated edge is the skim side.

If it's the dabbed wall you want an edge bead for I would think a corner bead will work as you will have a void, fill the void with adhesive fix the bead then skim.
Otherwise as above, you can pick them up in the bigger b&q's probs be bent though.
View attachment 11237

Perforated edge is the skim side.

that seems like a good idea to me.. only used about one of those beads in my life...

Go with a board edge bead if you use a stop bead ur going to have a gap of the depth of the dots where ur stop bead sits if that makes sense

Okay but can you paint the side of a board edge bead?

I'm not sure if I understand how they work. They're 3 sided, one side sits behind the board (in-between the wall and board), one side sits on front of the board and gets skimmed over, leaving one side on the edge of the board exposed, is this correct?

Okay but can you paint the side of a board edge bead?

I'm not sure if I understand how they work. They're 3 sided, one side sits behind the board (in-between the wall and board), one side sits on front of the board and gets skimmed over, leaving one side on the edge of the board exposed, is this correct?
Yes it wil finish how it is in picture then paint..stop bead idea isn't the best unless u want 10mm + gap where ur stop bead sits

If your using the fire board around the log burner it will burn they are not designed for that they need something over the top that won't burn.

Go with a board edge bead if you use a stop bead ur going to have a gap of the depth of the dots where ur stop bead sits if that makes sense

Dont understand what your on about there?? Theres no gap . Ive done this many times and it looks great when finished.