how much would you charge a day(8hours)to do a plastering job for a mate?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4

Hi,with times being hard and having much competition on first come first served,how much would you charge as a day rate to plaster a friends house or room...how much would you charge on a "Day Rate?"thanks,im thinking £70-£80??

thats pretty cheap pal, if you can survive on that then it up to you, i would be wanting alot more. try giving a price, day rate sucks

yeah i could do a day rate for £70

but

the work would look like a pile of shite and I'd be happy

If its just a room 70 to 80 is fine but owes you big time!!a house?no.get your friend to get some prices an put a better one in!lol

i charge a day rate of 120.00,be it a freind,family member whatever,done to many jobs in the past for free/cheaper rates,no better thought of, if they dont like it tough, charge full wack rocky4,.

Hi,with times being hard and having much competition on first come first served,how much would you charge as a day rate to plaster a friends house or room...how much would you charge on a "Day Rate?"thanks,im thinking £70-£80??
Ahh, the mates rates, friends and family rates, feckin nitemare, certainly not for 70 quid!!! I have done it before and as Hector said "no better thought of it"or they say that's one I owe u, then when your lookin for a return from them, you get let downs. I put a stop to it by bumpin up my price next time they asked, soon makes them look elsewhere for a plasterer and then they realise just how much of a " favour" you were doin them. Then again maybe That's why I have no mates and my family don't talk to me:RpS_biggrin:

A oner cash per day is a fair mate rate I think,but depends what they can offer in return at a cheap rate for you.gotta work both ways.

Ive ofton done work for nothing for a couple of mates but always returned favour saving me money on bricklaying or chippy.if you cant trust your mate then hes not simple.

I think it's out of order people asking for mates rates, I don't charge my immediate family as they are all trades as well, just had my van repaired for fuk all. I always say the benefit of them having a mate do it is the fact they know and trust you not to rip them off, not to cut corners or leave shoddy work and not to eat there food an go through the underwear draw whilst there at work. It's not fair to ask or expect you or anyone else whether employed or self employed to slash your wages for anyone.

I did most of my cousins house for nowt. Drylined and skimmed his kitchen. Overboarded bathroom ceiling and skimmed it. Dabbed all the walls ready for tiling Overboarded livingroom ceiling and skimmed the lid AND walls. Then did all the patches where he'd rewired. Told him no charge as once I get a house I want it fully rewiring. Once I finished he gave me 16 bottles of bulmers as a thank you. I've been in my house a year now and anything I want doing I've ended up getting my uncle (his dad) to do.

Phoned me just before xmas asking for a price for his hsl. Over board 2 ceilings. Pink it all, bond some chases and dab a couple of walls then skim it all. Told him 500quid and he couldn't believe it. Said he thought around 300 and said he can't afford it lol. Think he got someone else in the end haha

if i ask a friend to work on my home i want to pay him the top rate i dont want him to work for nothing.

My mates doing my facias, soffits which are a metre deep and cladding the dormers, I'm doing his h/s/l were both supplying kit, my neighbour was sayin god he's got a good deal? I thought I'm doing alright out of it....

**** mates rates you end up doing it in your spare time for **** all,plus using bits of your materiels, tell him get qoutes of a few plasteres ,then say youll beat em ,then up to you to give your estimate :glare: ...

I have done mates rates did some a little while ago charged 80 a day , wouldn't do a room for 80 though, say a room costs 400 you could say look i'll do it for 250 and say normally it would cost 400 if he's a mate and trusts you then he'll know he getting 150 off

Reactions: Iam
free for immediate family and good mates that will also help you out. i dont work for friends of friends anymore. too much hassle

Dont do mates rates i expect to be paid properly for my work same as when someone does something for me i pay them proper.

Ahh, the mates rates, friends and family rates, feckin nitemare, certainly not for 70 quid!!! I have done it before and as Hector said "no better thought of it"or they say that's one I owe u, then when your lookin for a return from them, you get let downs. I put a stop to it by bumpin up my price next time they asked, soon makes them look elsewhere for a plasterer and then they realise just how much of a " favour" you were doin them. Then again maybe That's why I have no mates and my family don't talk to me:RpS_biggrin:
that cracked me up because ur so right

I only charge £60 a day at the moment whoever its for, but i will be putting that up after reading this thread LOL :RpS_thumbup:

Family & friends which has been most of my work lately, i charge them £60 a day.

As i don't drive i don't need fuel costs etc so i pass these savings onto the customer.

I only charge £60 a day at the moment whoever its for, but i will be putting that up after reading this thread LOL :RpS_thumbup:

Family & friends which has been most of my work lately, i charge them £60 a day.

As i don't drive i don't need fuel costs etc so i pass these savings onto the customer.

How do you get to work ?

this is a joke right?

I had a customer once, worthy environmentalist, who suggested I should get a bike trailer to go to work on. WTF!

I'm like, try pulling 125kgs of plaster with all the tools I've got along with beads for 5 miles and then put 4/5 bags on.

idiots

Am not having a pop at De plastering the lad is only 21 so cutting his teeth , but most people charging 60 notes a day throw in the sandpaper for free.

Right let's put this correct!Yes - i use a bike for work!Yes - i use a trailer!I get by on £60 a day as that's £300 a week!!I live with my mother & i don't have to pay board, i haven't got a car blah blah blah.So £300 a week is a lot for a 21 year old with no bills!Dave.

300 A week less. tax and ni ???? Only ribbin. you young lad don't bite so easy???? you have still to learn about the banter, :RpS_thumbup: stick around you will learn....,, get some thick skin:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.