how much would you charge a day(8hours)to do a plastering job for a mate?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
must be hard peddiling up hills m8.with the weight of plaster.bet u love it when its all downhill.lol are u time served m8.

Right let's put this correct!Yes - i use a bike for work!Yes - i use a trailer!I get by on £60 a day as that's £300 a week!!I live with my mother & i don't have to pay board, i haven't got a car blah blah blah.So £300 a week is a lot for a 21 year old with no bills!Dave.

Ok Dave as Henry said your young and still cutting your teeth etc , but it's very naive of you to beleive that 60 a day is enough to get by on , as mentioned tax,ni, insurance (public liability and personall) holidays, pension, wearan tear on transport (lol) and tools etc, and what happens when you meet a nice girl/boy and move out and do end up with a mortgage and bills , your customers call you up expecting you to work for 60 a day , what happens then ?
Also stick with it you'll get loads of aggro but you seem like a grafter , hang around you'll benefit no end

Ok Dave as Henry said your young and still cutting your teeth etc , but it's very naive of you to beleive that 60 a day is enough to get by on , as mentioned tax,ni, insurance (public liability and personall) holidays, pension, wearan tear on transport (lol) and tools etc, and what happens when you meet a nice girl/boy and move out and do end up with a mortgage and bills , your customers call you up expecting you to work for 60 a day , what happens then ?
Also stick with it you'll get loads of aggro but you seem like a grafter , hang around you'll benefit no end

Like it Paul, very PC............:RpS_thumbup:

i charge £350 a day on day work but very seldom do day work as all my jobs are on price,and just so you know there are no friends in buzz,! unless you are a soft touch suckers.......

i charge £350 a day on day work but very seldom do day work as all my jobs are on price,and just so you know there are no friends in buzz,! unless you are a soft touch suckers.......

Where's Buzz?????

jesus when i was 21 i had my first kid haha but obviously i was charging a proper rate as i had a kid and i had been in the game 5-6 years at 21.
what sort of kit you got if you have to pedal it??

must be hard peddiling up hills m8.with the weight of plaster.bet u love it when its all downhill.lol are u time served m8.

Thought i cleared this up in another thread mate, i don't supply materials i ask the customer to supply them the trailer is just for buckets & tools not plaster,
i only use the trailer to take tools to the job, then every other day i just use the bike, then on the last day i take the trailer to bring everything home :RpS_thumbup:

What's time served mean mate?
Do you mean how long have i been plastering?

3 years now mate self taught.

What about yourself mate?

300 A week less. tax and ni ???? Only ribbin. you young lad don't bite so easy???? you have still to learn about the banter, :RpS_thumbup: stick around you will learn....,, get some thick skin:rolleyes)

No mate £300 a week topline. :RpS_thumbup:

Hi warriorupnorth,

£60 a day is enough for me mate, i have no bills, i don't smoke, i don't drink, i rarely go out on the town.
I don't have public liability, pension, NI, tax etc.
So all the money i get i am saving towards my driving lessons. :RpS_thumbup:
Plus my mom pays for my phone & helps me out & i don't have to pay her any board, RESULT lol.

Another point - I don't work a full day so £60 is more than enough for me.

fair play to you mate, i think some of the other guy's see you as a cheaper threat to help peeps bring down prices, if you only charge that much it makes us all look like robber's, how long a day do you do then ? out of interest, sound's like you have a great mum to look after you !!, why don't you increase you price a bit, then give it to you long suffering mother you tight little barstard ......lol

I do about 4-5hrs per day.
My mom doesn't want anything off me i offered board but she said she wants me to concentrate on my business.
And all my money is towards my driving lessons at the moment.
Yes i will be increasing my prices after reading threads on here.

Bet you had to start somewhere mate??
What money did you start on at 16 & what money did you get at 21??

Oh i mean £300 a week take home then mate.
Don't have work every day at the moment though.
Didn't think you had to pay tax till you did over 16hrs per week??

My mom doesn't want anything off me i offered board but she said she wants me to concentrate on my business.

well a long time -ago but, started labouring at £ 15 a shift cash + i used to sign -on lol £20 a fortnight lol, then i decided i wanted to do an apprenticeship ,so £15 a week and no dole but it got better as the years went on. as i said David you wont find me attacking young-uns i've been there lol

did a YTS after leaving school so 1st year was £25 per week and 2nd year it went up dramatically to £38 a week........i was living the dream in them days .........:RpS_thumbup:

Hi warriorupnorth,

£60 a day is enough for me mate, i have no bills, i don't smoke, i don't drink, i rarely go out on the town.
I don't have public liability, pension, NI, tax etc.
So all the money i get i am saving towards my driving lessons. :RpS_thumbup:
Plus my mom pays for my phone & helps me out & i don't have to pay her any board, RESULT lol.

What's the craic here then, sponger! Man up, provide a bit and help your Mother out.

did a YTS after leaving school so 1st year was £25 per week and 2nd year it went up dramatically to £38 a week........i was living the dream in them days .........:RpS_thumbup:
Lol yts 25 a week plus 5.50 for travel expenses( bus pass) woohoo feckin minted

Lol happy days, I used to give me old man a tenna digs at end of the week, then lend it back of him midweek lol it was like a floatin tenna:RpS_laugh:

fun though aint it haha
15-16 i was on 20 a day labouring minus bus fare, pack of bennys and tax oh and 20% of my earnings went to house

I have been thinking that Paul another wind up ? Eddie been about LOL Makes no difference to me I seem to spend a lot of time talking to myself so why not here,

I have been thinking that Paul another wind up ? Eddie been about LOL Makes no difference to me I seem to spend a lot of time talking to myself so why not here,

PMSL.......:RpS_laugh:. nice one H. I thought it was Nis.........i mean pippa pissing about with another one of her accountant friends.........:RpS_wink:

Amitri

Attachments

• delamitri1.jpg
    delamitri1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 341
What's the craic here then, sponger! Man up, provide a bit and help your Mother out.

She doesn't want any money off me so stop picking on me!!!!
:RpS_cursing:

I do help her out, i do the housework for her when shes at work, on my days off OK!!!!
:RpS_mad:

I have noticed on here after i read a bit that any newbies are automaticly a wind up LOL

Well suck my crust :flapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.