How much could I earn

Members online

thebeast

Alright lads. My names Dave. Been doing plastering for a few years off and on but on the side for fifty a day from my exs brother. I'm on dla and a few other benefits but the last few months I've had them on my back so I'm thing of getting into plastering proper. I can get funding for it so how do I go about it for quickest and best results where what I get means something. I'm twenty eight in two weeks. How much would I be looking at earning. Just average. Nice one

I used to do the glazing mate and a sheet took my hand off from the wrist down. They sewed it back but I dont have full strengh in it. I'm entitled to the dla but they want me to do s**t jobs that I don't want to do.

Your not answering my questions. What's the best way to become a proper plasterer if you have the funding sorted for you.

That sounds awful!
Plastering probably not the one for you mate, you need good strong hands/wrists for this game, later in life you will really struggle if you pursue it as a career.
Sorry to be the voice of doom mate.

This is a joke. I thought it was plastering basic questions answered. I just want average take home and pointers for how to go about it. Thanks

I've been doing it for the past few years mate and no problems. It's my left hand so just the board not trowelling all day with it

I used to do the glazing mate and a sheet took my hand off from the wrist down. They sewed it back but I dont have full strengh in it. I'm entitled to the dla but they want me to do s**t jobs that I don't want to do.

if you have not got full use of one hand then i would forget about plastering.

there is a chap who lives close to me who is in a wheelchair, he goes to work as a customs officer so there is something for everyone to earn a living.

Thanks for answering mate. My replies are coming up ages after I've typed them so it looks like your not replying.

No it's just my hand. I'm not a spastic or nothing. It don't even bother me I was just saying why I was on the dla.

how many hours are you working ? how much per metre? you're asking a very awkward question and there is too many answers , london 40 hours work is a lot more money than 40 hours in yorkshire ,or pricework how quick do you work

If you've been doing it for the last few years, surely you have a fair idea what kind of dough you can make, what can anyone on here tell you that you don't already know?

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

I was on fifty a day because I'm not a proper plasterer if you read it thru you will see thats what I said. So no I don't know what I'd be on. I'm in Whalley Range. I would hope to work forty hours a week. I just wanted a few tips as in what course to go on and how much I could earn at the end of it all but I'm told to jog on. I'll tell you if you said that to my face I'd send you. Been down the gym today mate when you've been grafting so you jog on.

I was on fifty a day because I'm not a proper plasterer if you read it thru you will see thats what I said. So no I don't know what I'd be on. I'm in Whalley Range. I would hope to work forty hours a week. I just wanted a few tips as in what course to go on and how much I could earn at the end of it all but I'm told to jog on. I'll tell you if you said that to my face I'd send you. Been down the gym today mate when you've been grafting so you jog on.

Right let's just straighten this out...

My comment refers to your arrogance and chip on shoulder with your response...its not the way to go about asking help be it on a forum or face to face....

And for what its worth Rambo tha dunt scare me kid!

And sorry just to add @thebeast i take offence to people making derogatory remarks to handicapped people....as spent a lot of my time being around such people

Last edited:

With ur temprement you obviously use roids or something at this gym u say about , should you even be claiming dla if you are actually able to plaster etc ??? And going to the gym and pritty much offering people out ? Strange .....

I was just after some tips and one of you sees his arse because I'm on dla when I've had a hand chopped off. It's well bad. I'm not on anyhting mate. I don't need your help. f**k you dickheads

You must know how much a day you want to earn, how many days it will take you to do a job and be able to estimate the price of mats, thats basically what all of us do. That way its area dependent. If you cant work that part out you really are in trouble.

Thanks mate. I can see that but what I'm saying is I've just been doing it on the side but if I was to get qualified and di it properly how much would I be looking at weekly.

• Angry
Reactions: OAP