How do renderers prevent shade variation on larger elevations

Members online

waka

Hi all,

I'm looking to get our extension rendered, and I was looking at some of the technical specifications for different products to decide what kind of render I would like (probably monocouche), and I noticed that all of them seem to specify that whole elevations should be rendered at one time in order to avoid shade variations.

How do renderers go about doing this, it would seem that large elevations would take longer than a day to complete?
Our largest elevation is two-storey 10m width with the gable, so maybe 65 square metres.
Are the manufacturers just covering themselves, and providing you use the same batch numbers and finish the elevation in the same week or so you shouldn't have any issues with noticeable shade variations?

Thanks,
Dan

65m would be done in 1 day.

you wouldnt break an elevation unless a movement joint is specified.

larger houses where there are multiple panels you would do over a certian amount of days. but is perfectly normal.

your reading into their cover my arse points if im honest

aslong as you dont leave it 6 months between elevations youl be fine.

but natural sun light/shading can make the house look different shades at different times of the day which is normal

65m would be done in 1 day.

you wouldnt break an elevation unless a movement joint is specified.

larger houses where there are multiple panels you would do over a certian amount of days. but is perfectly normal.

your reading into their cover my arse points if im honest

aslong as you dont leave it 6 months between elevations youl be fine.

but natural sun light/shading can make the house look different shades at different times of the day which is normal
Thanks for your response. That makes sense. Clearly renderers work quicker than I expected!
You mention larger houses with multiple panels (are panels different to elevations?) would be done over a number of days, does this produce any variation at the point where the dried (drying) render meets the newer render, or is this imperceptible?

Thanks

A render would have it on the wall in an hour, and make sure he scrapes back the rest of the house at same intervals.
Wow that sounds quick. I assume the scraping is the thing that affects the finish shade most then?

Thanks for your response. That makes sense. Clearly renderers work quicker than I expected!
You mention larger houses with multiple panels (are panels different to elevations?) would be done over a number of days, does this produce any variation at the point where the dried (drying) render meets the newer render, or is this imperceptible?

Thanks
your renderer will have a routine. and do this day in day out.

if there is a.major colour variation on a.job thats done in say a couple of weeks then youd be contacting the manufacturer as they add the pigments not the renderers.

if im hinest i think your creating a problem you dont need to worry over, without sounding harsh.

its the same as if you paint 1 wall 1 day in your bedroom
then do another.wall another day. it will all dry the same from the same product

65 meters with a g4 is nothing spray on in morning scrap off in afternoon in summer spray on in afternoon scrape off in morning in winter it will all dry the same colour when fully dried out