How bad is this plastering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they done the plastering and the rendering when you was away?

Ok so look at it like this. You came back from from your hols paying the tradesmen his money... Then ask on the forum if the work is acceptable! If your asking people if the work is acceptable surely you have a voice in your head saying the works not all that...

Did you look at previous work?
Did they take a deposit?
How long have they been in the trade?
Have they got much work on?

Name and shame them on the forum? Tell us who done the work?
Actually they did all the work at the same time. I'd seen previous work and it looked fine. He's been in he trade for 40 years and told me he was booked for two years. So we left them to it. You look at the inside in the daylight and it looks ok if you don't know what you are looking for. It's now that we've moved in it becomes obvious it's really bad especially when the lights go on in the evening. Here's some pics under light-everywhere they've plastered looks like this. They hacked back to the brick work downstairs so surely the result should be smooth walls which we were promised? Upstairs they removed wallpaper and skimmed-again promising smooth walls.
20151115_145151.jpg
20151115_145214.jpg
20151115_145220.jpg
20151115_145250.jpg
20151115_145333.jpg

Attachments

• 20151115_145339.jpg
    20151115_145339.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 320
  • 20151115_145419.jpg
    20151115_145419.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 314
  • 20151115_145506.jpg
    20151115_145506.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 319
  • 20151115_144601.jpg
    20151115_144601.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 393
Did you had electricity , when the job was done?
We were living away from the property and our one month son was in and out of hospital very ill. We were not paying attention to what the people we thought we could trust were doing. Do you think it looks like it should be completely redone? The walls they didn't plaster are all smooth.

Yes, I do. The walls have the orange skin effect , which is a nightmare for every painter. You won't have smooth finish unless you fix that in first place.

And to me looks like they have brushed something over the existing paint?
But is far away from calling it plastered.

Yes, I do. The walls have the orange skin effect , which is a nightmare for every painter. You won't have smooth finish unless you fix that in first place.
Why do you think it has the orange skin effect? Did they just not know what they were doing? It should be really smooth right?

Let's put it this way- whoever does the job now, you will be very happy. That job is bottom line. Never saw anything like this and coming from bulgarian, that means a lot! I have no time at the mo, otherwise will come around and have closer look to tell you what exactly happened .​

40 years and booked up for 2 years I smell a porky more like 40 mins and 2 trowels ,it's bad mate looks like it's been put on and left no trowling up

Feltham, SW London. Anyone is welcome to come and give us a quote to fix/redo if they are nearby. Or just to have a laugh at the worst job ever.

You don't seem to bothered by it?
Any update on what the bloke who done it has said they will give back/redo?

We are very bothered. The man won't communicate with us so we are seeking legal advice which is why we won't name and shame just in case it affects things. After it's all over I will name the f#######. Feel free to have a look and you'll see it's not a wind up. I'm still after a definitive answer as to why all the cracks are there and why it crumbles if I scratch a key over it. Someone said they didn't do the right mix-could that be the reason? Someone else mentioned something about lime..

Oh I was talking about the exterior rendering, not the inside plastering. Forgot there's two threads. Inside I can't explain-either incredibly incompetent or done on purpose.

I really , really ...........:muyenojado::muyenojado::muyenojado:.
Josh, I am based north west, not very far from you and work in central. Can't make a detour during the week, but can do sat or sun. Let me know if is ok for you.

I really , really ...........:muyenojado::muyenojado::muyenojado:.
Josh, I am based north west, not very far from you and work in central. Can't make a detour during the week, but can do sat or sun. Let me know if is ok for you.
Yes mate that would be fine, I'll be around all weekend.

Here is a part of the lounge wall under lamplight from where I'm sitting right now-not pretty to look at
20151117_215416.jpg
20151117_215428.jpg
20151117_215435.jpg
20151117_215441.jpg

Attachments

• 20151117_215450.jpg
    20151117_215450.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 320
Your just gona wreck your head putting a critical light on it , if you can't live with it get a small bucket of sheetrock , profin or other premixed jointing finish put a light tight coat over any misses, holes, trowell lines etc. and sand back to smooth when completely dry with p120 sand block or such. Your not gonna get any satisfaction from those boys, put it down to a lesson learned and be wide the next time some one tells you there taking bookings two years in advance unless it's a wedding your after.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Your just gona wreck your head putting a critical light on it , if you can't live with it get a small bucket of sheetrock , profin or other premixed jointing finish put a light tight coat over any misses, holes, trowell lines etc. and sand back to smooth when completely dry with p120 sand block or such. Your not gonna get any satisfaction from those boys, put it down to a lesson learned and be wide the next time some one tells you there taking bookings two years in advance unless it's a wedding your after.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

It will drive you crazy....

I knew someone who charged more for that look he called it rustic lol.

Tell him he need glasses the useless twot :tonto:

And to me looks like they have brushed something over the existing paint?
But is far away from calling it plastered.

Why do you think it has the orange skin effect? Did they just not know what they were doing? It should be really smooth right?

Because those pictures are of painted walls anyone can see that. The orange peel effect is from a paint roller.
Looks worse because it's so close.
But that plastering under the paint is sh1t though.

Hi Josh, can't figure it out how to send you pm, but this is my number ............ and if you are still up to it I will be available sat the afternoon or sun .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.