House been rendered in Weber - advice wanted

Hello E1..The "Plasterers" who did this obviously are inexperienced ? Not straightened and they definitely did not use the I-section before scraping. They should re-do the work, I would and any real plasterer would. Bad light will show up little imperfections always, but not as bad as this attempt ☹

Thanks for all your comments... still waiting for them to come and try resolve it. A thin “slurry” coat over the top has been suggested.

We’ve just had our house rendered using Weber Render in Silver Pearl. I was unhappy about the expansion bead at the back of the house and the difference in colour already ( looks like two houses) Tonight we have put on the outside lights and the walls look a mess. All pitted and uneven. Is this normal?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

We’ve just had our house rendered using Weber Render in Silver Pearl. I was unhappy about the expansion bead at the back of the house and the difference in colour already ( looks like two houses) Tonight we have put on the outside lights and the walls look a mess. All pitted and uneven. Is this normal?

Any advice would be gratefully received.
ive just seen your render now the person who did this has not got a clue what he is doing the difference in colour is most likely down to different batch numbers or he has scratched one panel on same day as application and scratched other panel the following day to application.as for the finish you are right to presume you would have a nice flat finish he has not used the correct finishing tools to achieve this.as for putting it right you will need to re coat entire render with rend aid then re render using 10mm beads with a different applicator

ive just seen your render now the person who did this has not got a clue what he is doing the difference in colour is most likely down to different batch numbers or he has scratched one panel on same day as application and scratched other panel the following day to application.as for the finish you are right to presume you would have a nice flat finish he has not used the correct finishing tools to achieve this.as for putting it right you will need to re coat entire render with rend aid then re render using 10mm beads with a different applicator
It can’t have another coat as there is brick architectural detailing on the corners of the house. It’s been suggested that another coat goes on but is feathered out from the corners but I’m worried you will see the curve on the wall. I think it’s going to have to come off and start again... as yet still waiting for this to happen.

It can’t have another coat as there is brick architectural detailing on the corners of the house. It’s been suggested that another coat goes on but is feathered out from the corners but I’m worried you will see the curve on the wall. I think it’s going to have to come off and start again... as yet still waiting for this to happen.
you could bead around architectural detail and still be left with same effect it would be easier than removing render

you could bead around architectural detail and still be left with same effect it would be easier than removing render
I don’t think it would look right, it is flush with the brick now and would look odd standing proud of it

Attachments

• 3DBA6654-94BC-44DD-A31E-31A1AFB889CC.jpeg
    3DBA6654-94BC-44DD-A31E-31A1AFB889CC.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 222
you could fit brick slips to the brick quoin.
Thank you. Hadn’t actually considered that. It would be a good idea but I think it all just needs to come off. It’s now starting to crack...

Attachments

• 1A9B19FD-EB6C-46C4-A3CD-E92B7AC60208.jpeg
    1A9B19FD-EB6C-46C4-A3CD-E92B7AC60208.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 264
So I have an update.... the render is now coming off. In some places there is quite deep chunks out of the block work. Will this need to be repaired before re rendering?

So I have an update.... the render is now coming off. In some places there is quite deep chunks out of the block work. Will this need to be repaired before re rendering?
Honestly just get a renderer in thats happy for you to pay him at the end of the job when you're happy with the finish

Honestly just get a renderer in thats happy for you to pay him at the end of the job when you're happy with the finish
Easier said than done. I’ve already paid £5500 from the total to the guy that did it. I have to give him a chance to fix it or it’s staying like it.

Easier said than done. I’ve already paid £5500 from the total to the guy that did it. I have to give him a chance to fix it or it’s staying like it.
Fair enough, I realise you're in a bad position. I would say the fact it's taken him 2 and a half months to get round to removing the render is another bad sign mind. Fingers crossed you get a good job

We have gone for k rend this time as a lot of blame was put on the product. Can I ask what the thickness of the base and top coat should be? The top coat is only looking like it’s about 6mm and the finish is much thinner, albeit much straighter!

We have gone for k rend this time as a lot of blame was put on the product. Can I ask what the thickness of the base and top coat should be? The top coat is only looking like it’s about 6mm and the finish is much thinner, albeit much straighter!

Please for the love of God don't say your using the same contractor.

If so stop posting and wasting all our time with your questions!

This is 100% nothing to do with product!!!

Please for the love of God don't say your using the same contractor.

If so stop posting and wasting all our time with your questions!

This is 100% nothing to do with product!!!

No it’s the same company but we have refused to use the same renderer. The new guy is more familiar with k rend. It’s easy for you to say but we have spent thousands of pounds so it’s not that easy to walk away.

That's fair enough if a different applicator. Point I was making was the outcome would only have been the same.

Can I give you some advice before you go any further and ask to see some of his previous works on same product.

If he's a good tradesman he will be more than happy to show. If he can't then hold off and say our not happy to proceed.

Retain the rest of the money until a rep from whatever product has been used has come out and looked at the job and has said it is up to spec and ask for a BBA certificate, just ask your local builders merchants who supplies whatever render it is for the local reps number ask him if they are an approved applicator and to come and have a look at the job, your back is covered then if it's not done to standard and you want to keep the rest of the money, some customers can be really awkward for no reason, but this time you need to be awkward because the job you had done was oughta s**t.