High top transit or VW transporter

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

So I am looking to purchase a new van, currently have a connect which is now too small and getting too old.

i am after a few reviews on both the transit and transporter, have a budget of 10k, wanting something I can get sign written up and keep for a good 5-7 years.

Anybody had either and would like to share there experience

Ta, Mac

foook that mac get a tranny for a couple of grand with 100k on it and run it to ground and get another un in 3/4yrs and have a reyt,reyt good blow out insteaed bud!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Don't know, fancy something that looks half decent and reflects well on the business, too many clapped out transit vans round here with shitty half arsed sign written work on.

At got a 63 plater boxer at min on hire after someone nicely crashed into mine. I'm seriously thinking bout one of these Bluetooth reverse parking etc £11500 plus vat you can get them from brand new on net. Drove a vw other week and I wasn't super impressed but they do last and hold there money better

Our gaffs gets lwb medium roof trannys a couple if years old with 12 month warranty from ford dealers for about 10-12k. On finance to put against the tax bill. Has them on a 4 year deal and every time 1 is payed off he has a 6-12 month brake from the finance bill then gets another.

We use toyota hiace long wheel base. Can fit everything in it including 8x4 boards and there bullet proof mate.

Just baught a 2010 transit high top. 26k on it for 10k. Would miss the head room now. Being able to stand up. And the overhead storage. 3m beads straight in.
Dont think youd get much as a tranny for.your money

Doing a barn conversion and the plumber turns up in the cleanest van I've ever seen seriously you could eat your tea off any part of it so I said to him. Are you short of work managing to spend time cleaning your van . He told me I was a scruff bag and I should keep my van as clean as his . I told him to fxxk off and get some work done. All week he was at me calling me a peasant scruff bag and that I shouldn't take my dog to work in my van I told him to fxxk off I've had my dog for 11 years and who was he to tell me . This carried on until Thursday dinner when I took my dog into the very wet shitty field and on my return opened the plumbers van door and let my dog in and pissed myself laughing when he shook his self off after dinner I heard the plumber shouting and cursing me then he totally spat the dummy and went home he rang the customer to explain why he'd gone thinking he would bollock me the customer came into me pissing his self laughing. The plumber never spoke to me for rest of the job

That's what I was thinking dan, 3m beads into bulk head, be nice to be able to drop a pallet into the back too, not sure if transporter would take more than 30 bags, the plus side with a transporter is they seem to hold their value forever, whereas a transit hit the 10 mark and is worth fook al

The ford connect I have had since 2010 (04) plate has been bang on, but just too small and now at 10 years old it would still do a job for a young tradesmen for 4/5 years

Transporter all the way mate. You won't lose much in depreciation, and they're much better made than that Ford Sh1t. The body is galvanised so won't rust, and they are better on fuel. No brainer.

That's what I was thinking dan, 3m beads into bulk head, be nice to be able to drop a pallet into the back too, not sure if transporter would take more than 30 bags, the plus side with a transporter is they seem to hold their value forever, whereas a transit hit the 10 mark and is worth fook al

Depend what you can get for your money i suppose.
Dont think you can get boards in a vw either. I slide mine on their side against my racking at use a prop to hold them .

Have a look the Ford are now covered on a deal with the chassis but all depends on what you are going to carry if just tools and bags of plaser go for the VW if you need to carry boards get the transit but you will never loose on the Vw

Don't know, fancy something that looks half decent and reflects well on the business, too many clapped out transit vans round here with shitty half arsed sign written work on.

it doesn't get you paid anymore though mate if anything will work against you as your overheads will be even more unless your just going drop 10k staright out of sky rocket!!!!

LDV Maxus are good vans. I've had mine a few years now and will swear bt them. It's never let me down. And it's quite uncommon. You don't see many on the road.

Absolutely love my van 58 swb med hi roof tranny. Fits 8x4s. 3m cove etc. Can stand up in it. Only downside is the dreaded rust. Have a few spots on my side door sill I should really get treated before they escalate. Other than that its great. Doesnt miss a beat

Depend what you can get for your money i suppose.
Dont think you can get boards in a vw either. I slide mine on their side against my racking at use a prop to hold them .

Boards fit no problem in the short wheelbase Transporter. Even the T26 will carry nearly a tonne. Get the barn doors if you want pallets loaded in the back.

I like vans you can fit a pallet of gear in, cement mixer wheel barrows and water barrel, or a machine and water barrel, all your tools and a stack of 8x4 sheets of osb for floor protection all at the same time, and you can still get in and out the back to get what you need without having to drag half your kit out first.

I like vans you can fit a pallet of gear in, cement mixer wheel barrows and water barrel, or a machine and water barrel, all your tools and a stack of 8x4 sheets of osb for floor protection all at the same time, and you can still get in and out the back to get what you need without having to drag half your kit out first.
We all havent got the money for an 18 wheeler like you!!!

But yeah i can get alot in and still walk in. Wouldnt go smaller now

I'm paying straight up for it, I don't like finance, just wanted something that will work and not need replacing again in 3 years time, also seems a bit pointless buying an older van with high (ish) mileage and having it sign written up.

cant get LWB, won't get over driveway and will catch underneath.

The ford I have had has been a great motor, the speed at which transits lose their value worries me though, not got a spot of rust on my connect.

Doesn't matter if they lose money at any rate, you'll get it written off against tax, so what ever you get after 3 years will be a bonus, it's either paying tax or a new van, no brainer if your getting work and turning money over.

foook that mac get a tranny for a couple of grand with 100k on it and run it to ground and get another un in 3/4yrs and have a reyt,reyt good blow out insteaed bud!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Zomb are u from wigan by any chance ? Or have I mistaken your dialect for yorkshire

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.