Help with Webber One Coat

Members online

Peteski

Hello!
I’m a general builder with many years experience with plastering and occasional rendering with sand/cement. I’ve just built some retaining walls in my own garden and planning on rendering them with Webber OCR and covering with their silicon top coat. I’ve never used an ocr before, and assuming there’s not much difference other than it’s possible to build up scratch coats in one day. My queries are:
- at what depth is it best to sandwich in the mesh?
- in terms of approx ocr curing times, at what point is it best floated?
- ive seen popularity in spreads using a mechanical float and again, with it being an ocr; at what point is it best to float up without tearing it off the wall should I use a power float?
- is it best to use the flat float or the sponge to finish?
Thanks in advance!

Hello!
I’m a general builder with many years experience with plastering and occasional rendering with sand/cement. I’ve just built some retaining walls in my own garden and planning on rendering them with Webber OCR and covering with their silicon top coat. I’ve never used an ocr before, and assuming there’s not much difference other than it’s possible to build up scratch coats in one day. My queries are:
- at what depth is it best to sandwich in the mesh?
- in terms of approx ocr curing times, at what point is it best floated?
- ive seen popularity in spreads using a mechanical float and again, with it being an ocr; at what point is it best to float up without tearing it off the wall should I use a power float?
- is it best to use the flat float or the sponge to finish?
Thanks in advance!
aid lac mesh spat flat,

Your going to fuk it up!

Okay thank you. So what exactly is the issue to use mesh in ocr? Asking merely out of curiosity, as the aid sounds the same just with an added bonding agent - after reading the Coshh data. That and you leave it to set prior to next coat.
In which case wouldn’t K-rend hp12 be a better option as get better coverage and can mesh without faffing with several different products?!

Put scratch coat on first to about 5mm thick and leave it for a day. I know that in theory you can just put it all on the same day but it's easier if you do it over two days.
Give the scratch a bit of a splash with water on the second day.
Mesh goes in the top coat and the spatula it over a few mm. Float it up when it feels right to do so. If you have done sand and cement before then you won't be far off.
Don't forget primer before you top coat Silicone.

Retaining? Don't render a retaining wall directly. Counter batten then cement board followed by render buildup.