help - is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True truth of it is, most, if not all render manufacturers allow a 3mm tolerance.

A 3mm hollow or bump will look fine during 99% of the day, at certain times when the sun hits it at the wrong angle you'll want to slit your wrists.

Shining up lighters will only exaggerate the hollows and bumps, I make no excuse for the work shown, obviously they haven't ruled or used an I bar, if you shine them up most guys works including most on here, it would fooking haunt you.

I finished a south facing panel the other week, took extra time making it as flat as I could, I scratched back with minimal if any hollows and it looked bang on, 10:30am the next day I saw a bump/hollow and put my I bar to it to see fooking nothing but the full length pinned to the wall.

The funny thing is they are putting up lighters on it too, if they ring to complain they'll be told to take the fooking things down.

did they rule that off with basketballs? sorry to see this o.p. Id get on the phone to the fcukers that left your house like that. Would also like to see it during the day

Ok ok it was me i came over n did it with my special plazi flex(y)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Id like to see pics off lads on here showing thier own work with a bright light shining across it causing a shadow.
No bouncing off it but csusing a shadow.
You'l shock youselves.

True truth of it is, most, if not all render manufacturers allow a 3mm tolerance.

A 3mm hollow or bump will look fine during 99% of the day, at certain times when the sun hits it at the wrong angle you'll want to slit your wrists.

Shining up lighters will only exaggerate the hollows and bumps, I make no excuse for the work shown, obviously they haven't ruled or used an I bar, if you shine them up most guys works including most on here, it would fooking haunt you.

I finished a south facing panel the other week, took extra time making it as flat as I could, I scratched back with minimal if any hollows and it looked bang on, 10:30am the next day I saw a bump/hollow and put my I bar to it to see fooking nothing but the full length pinned to the wall.

The funny thing is they are putting up lighters on it too, if they ring to complain they'll be told to take the fooking things down.
That is what I mean i hope he posts more pictures @zippy7788 post some tomorrow but I have the feeling he has already blown his lid to the dude who did it

.whats happened to the first picture ??
K rend looks a lot heavier than the other 2 photos.
Not straightend.
Ive seen krend looking like this when topped onto old peddledash a real heavy coat.

That first pictures looks bad! The rest doesn't look to good but passable to most untrained eyes.
I know sunlight/up lights can show up little bits you can't see at other times but again a straight edge and I section hasn't been used and this is a must! You can not achieve a finish anywhere near like what an section can simply by scratching with a scratcher.

oh wow!!

Uplighters are not going to help but.....

whats it look like in the daylight... if it was plastered in daylight it has to be judged in day light

(I would not be happy though)
Thank f**k all my graft gets checked in the dark........with a windy up torch

I think it looks ok but I am no mono expert..I would just take the lights down and place some pointing at the house instead of up it.the lights u have around the French doors,are u happy with that area at night time?

The ownwer of the firm has conceded its bad.. they're talking about trying to "fix" it.. What should I demand. Can render be "gone over" again and fixed - or does it need to be removed and start again?

I would say it needs to come of and start again... at least they admit it's bad... that's half the battle one

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

he's also said they didn't use a I bar - so I assume hand "scratched". Which again, I assume is not acceptable on a project of this size.

The ownwer of the firm has conceded its bad.. they're talking about trying to "fix" it.. What should I demand. Can render be "gone over" again and fixed - or does it need to be removed and start again?
At least they trying to salvage the situation. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.