help - is this acceptable?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy7788

render.jpg

Just added uplights to our renovation and saw this. House has been rendered in K render. Is this normal, or does it need re doing. The lights are only 7 watts, look brighter as I focussed on the render!

oh wow!!

Uplighters are not going to help but.....

whats it look like in the daylight... if it was plastered in daylight it has to be judged in day light

(I would not be happy though)

Swap the lights to some in the ground 2 -4 ft away pointing at the house it will probably look ok then...u must of thought it was ok in daylight when u paid him

Uplights will show everything and no matter how good you are, how long you've been doing it they will fook you over.

They even show brickwork up that steps out only a fraction I'm talking 1 or 2 mm.

While that is not great don't expect much better by stripping and redoing, it's a hand finished product, if you wants straight flat walls you might be better cladding it.

Taking a photo in the daylight will help us judge if it is acceptable,as said above up/down lights show every tiny hump and hollow and magnify it.there is a premier in local to me that is done in mono and it looks good,big panels no misses and looks nice and flat but they put some purple up lights on the side and when turned on at night it certainly doesn't do it any justice.

render.jpg

Just added uplights to our renovation and saw this. House has been rendered in K render. Is this normal, or does it need re doing. The lights are only 7 watts, look brighter as I focussed on the render!
render.jpg

as danny z look if it ok in day light.U are going to get shadows at certain times of day whith sun light .Remove the uplight and replace whith down light to stop the shadow

HaHa dog s**t is actually smoother than that
That needs to come off, its dogshit.
I've rendered countless property's that have had up/ down lights fitted and whilst they will highlight any defect it shouldn't look like that, that's shocking.
I doubt it looks much better in the day.

I've rendered countless property's that have had up/ down lights fitted and whilst they will highlight any defect it shouldn't look like that, that's shocking.
Might the wattage of the bulbs ...i just got the feeling that it looks o.k in daylight and it's the lights that make it look s**t.he has probably paid good money for the job and £2.99 for the lights

render.jpg

Can u post a picture of it in daylight

Might the wattage of the bulbs ...i just got the feeling that it looks o.k in daylight and it's the lights that make it look s**t.he has probably paid good money for the job and £2.99 for the lights
Give up mate, whatever light you shine on that it will look the same because that's the shape of it.

It's very common practice to have up/down lighters on rendered buildings as the light texture makes a good effect. That is bad workmanship. Looks like it's been hand applied and scratched up without an I section

No m8 y
render.jpg

i think you will get more sense if u take a pic in during the day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.