Hello from ProofShield

Members online

ProofShield

Just wanted to introduce ProofShield as a new manufacturer to the UK market. We have recently opened a distribution centre in Kent and are launching a programme of training and promotion to introduce our render products. Very much looking forward to the challenge of making our way in the UK and confident that we have a knockout range of products at prices that will shake things up.

Right now we are very keen to speak to anyone who can see the benefit of being an early collaborator with us. Distributors, installers, tutors, contractors, sales people....we're open to ideas! One thing we can promise is this: As a manufacturer, we will back you and support you all the way with every resource available to us.

As a starter, we'd like to offer an outstanding deal on our Thermal Insulating Render product called ProofTherm. This is a lightweight, breathable, insulating render suitable for internal and external use. Typically applied at a depth of 20mm, it will offer a significant thermal upgrade to any property, increasing thermal comfort without causing damp issues. ProofTherm can be used as a basecoat over a wide range of substrates.

One 15kg bag of ProofTherm covers 2.2m when applied at 20mm. Normal retail for this product is £14.57 ex vat.

Our introductory offer is just £8.00 ex vat whilst stocks last (we have plenty!).

Much more from us to follow and we hope to become a valuable part of the UK rendering scene!

ProofShield Ltd website

Email: hello@proofshield.co.uk

Attachments

• Prooftherm Insulating render.JPG
    Prooftherm Insulating render.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 275
Just wanted to introduce ProofShield as a new manufacturer to the UK market. We have recently opened a distribution centre in Kent and are launching a programme of training and promotion to introduce our render products. Very much looking forward to the challenge of making our way in the UK and confident that we have a knockout range of products at prices that will shake things up.

Right now we are very keen to speak to anyone who can see the benefit of being an early collaborator with us. Distributors, installers, tutors, contractors, sales people....we're open to ideas! One thing we can promise is this: As a manufacturer, we will back you and support you all the way with every resource available to us.

As a starter, we'd like to offer an outstanding deal on our Thermal Insulating Render product called ProofTherm. This is a lightweight, breathable, insulating render suitable for internal and external use. Typically applied at a depth of 20mm, it will offer a significant thermal upgrade to any property, increasing thermal comfort without causing damp issues. ProofTherm can be used as a basecoat over a wide range of substrates.

One 15kg bag of ProofTherm covers 2.2m when applied at 20mm. Normal retail for this product is £14.57 ex vat.

Our introductory offer is just £8.00 ex vat whilst stocks last (we have plenty!).

Much more from us to follow and we hope to become a valuable part of the UK rendering scene!

ProofShield Ltd website

Hello Andy. :)

@Vincey new opportunity mate! Ismsure @imago will vouch for you

Bit late for @Vincey it's what @Nisus has been using in Berkswell. :risas:

IMG_20181011_122407.jpg

@Vincey new opportunity mate! Ismsure @imago will vouch for you
Tbh I’m booked up on exterior work until mid November and would not be able to use it , I do know a guy who sometimes comes on here has used this and gave a great review of it , tbf we all should be embarrassing these products in my opinion
Thanks

ProofShield Ltd website

Drop me an email :D danny@plasterersforum.com

Hi proofshield contact fs trade in Liverpool they sell a lot render up here ! By the way they don’t know of me I mainly do interior and the odd outside project.

Would like to ask , Does it go through ritmo with normal standard paddle ?
Hi, haven't put it through a Ritmo. Happy to supply some for a test if you like. Would be useful to know! Goes through an MTEC 200 fine. I have a video somewhere which I will try and upload.

Hi proofshield contact fs trade in Liverpool they sell a lot render up here ! By the way they don’t know of me I mainly do interior and the odd outside project.
Hi Bagrat, thanks for the lead, I'll try and get through to them. To be honest, even lots of the independent merchants belong to buying groups which are run like a pretty closed shop. But, definitely worth a go !

How can 20mm render can give you better thermal values? Does it contain perlite?
Hi Zolco, yes it contains expanded Perlite. Millions of air bubbles trapping heat. Lambda value (thermal conductivity) is 0.07w/m2K. Adding 20mm of this to a bare brick wall will increase the Thermal Resistance of the structure by 250%. Its all about creating a greater thermal mass without destroying vapour permeability.

When you have greater Thermal Mass in your walls, they effectively resist changes in temperature. The overall effect is that you are warmer in winter as the walls aren't leaking heat, and cooler in summer as the walls aren't transmitting external heat to the inside.

It's definitely not a stand alone solution for all wall insulation, but it is able to upgrade the thermal performance of any external or internal wall you use it on and its a cost effective, easy to use solution.

Hi, haven't put it through a Ritmo. Happy to supply some for a test if you like. Would be useful to know! Goes through an MTEC 200 fine. I have a video somewhere which I will try and upload.
Thanks tbf if one bag goes through m200 , 10 will go through Ritmo
Lol

ProofShield Ltd website

If you put 20mm on what thickness of is it equivalent to EPS? 20mm? 10mm?

If you put 20mm on what thickness of is it equivalent to EPS? 20mm? 10mm?
EPS is 0.038 I think so sounds right , one thing to take into consideration is the moisture content which will reduce the proofshield value , couldn't find any details about this

Says on the bag fireproof - What's the render like at handling high temperatures, e.g inside fireplaces? And drying/setting times.
At present, generally but not exclusively, render used/recommended is a lime cement mix.

Think o need to invent a bagged render they all seem to be jumping on the band wagon! My question is if I’m on a job in middle of nowhere and no toilet if I line your bag in a bucket take a giant s**t in it and maybe a little piss how will it cope to say the likes of a bonding or multi bag! And is it wipe friendly? Remember it’s these things that sell (y)

I agree unfortunately I'm an awkward idiot who doesn't like a simple life
Just thinking say on your stairs could do tight coat of 5/6 mm softly embed a 15mm drip or stop upvc bead along top of stair string then chuck the rest on rule it , finish it , job done it’s gotta be better then cutter up boards

Just thinking say on your stairs could do tight coat of 5/6 mm softly embed a 15mm drip or stop upvc bead along top of stair string then chuck the rest on rule it , finish it , job done it’s gotta be better then cutter up boards
Would like to float with this but was looking for a few advantages that foam backed can give , firstly a quicker finish , most of my domestic work is solid wall and secondly a greater choice of paint
A board foam backed is going to cost £6 board and £12 XPS , plus £2 Addy which is more expensive compared to proofshield although I only foam the cut boards so less waste than bought sheets
I can't find sheets thin enough for situations like stair stringers and fixed skirtings

Would like to float with this but was looking for a few advantages that foam backed can give , firstly a quicker finish , most of my domestic work is solid wall and secondly a greater choice of paint
A board foam backed is going to cost £6 board and £12 XPS , plus £2 Addy which is more expensive compared to proofshield although I only foam the cut boards so less waste than bought sheets
I can't find sheets thin enough for situations like stair stringers and fixed skirtings
Holy fucketyfuck!