Has the plasterer botched this job?

Members online

20211211_083534-jpg.66695

Ffs lads it ain't that bad :coffe:

I have had someone in to plaster/skim the walls in a few rooms. I have never done this before so I have no idea what I'm looking for in the work, however I am pretty disappointed at what I feel is a terrible finish. None of the walls are ready to paint on. Is this normal? Holes, bubbles, cracks, filler on the walls after plastering, seeing tape through them, corners and edges just smudged with filler. I had removed the sockets beforehand and most are covered over so far I have to cut back the plaster to be able to put the sockets back. This is fine, just annoying and extra work for me to do. I haven't yet paid him the second half of the payment and am reluctant too as I'm not happy with it, but not sure where I stand. Still waiting for official invoices to be sent to me and no luck with that either. Any feedback is appreciated!

View attachment 66689View attachment 66691View attachment 66692View attachment 66693View attachment 66694View attachment 66695View attachment 66696

View attachment 66687View attachment 66688
Crickey!!

#caspered

truly shocking, do not pay him anything,
jess the plasterer lives local to you, get her round, but dont mention her sister/chess set/or the day a bird shat on her head,
You forgot that she also shats in empty bags of multi.

My spider senses began to tingle when I saw those pics……..hmmmm……..I’m not sure a proper spread did that work……..nope, not proper at all……..I vote Jess, but not on Monday, not after a weekend of spicy food….no sir…….

Well thank you everyone for tagging me whilst making me look like a lunatic! Worst wingmen ever! :rayos:

@AitchJ whilst I’d happily do the work I wouldn’t be able to get there until mid March unfortunately
You can sub it out to me if you want.

£200 a wall. That's £50 a wall for you for doing nowt.

Good deal yes?

truly shocking, do not pay him anything,
jess the plasterer lives local to you, get her round, but dont mention her sister/chess set/or the day a bird shat on her head,
Well thank you everyone for tagging me whilst making me look like a lunatic! Worst wingmen ever! :rayos:

@AitchJ whilst I’d happily do the work I wouldn’t be able to get there until mid March unfortunately
did you get that job jessica, i was going to mention your van ,but i did not want to knock him off,
no need to thank me for the reference i gave you , nice to help a fellow spread out,

Should be a name and shame. Which direction out of Manchester are you. Would love it if I knew this highly skilled craftsman

Should be a name and shame. Which direction out of Manchester are you. Would love it if I knew this highly skilled craftsman
I hope it Master Plaster!

See his van driving about. He’s been slagging me off apparently! Never met the bloke. He’s been telling people they shouldn’t hire me on account of me being a girl lol. He’s never seen my work. Well I’ve seen his and he needs to work on his feathering in! :ROFLMAO: