Hand balling mono - best methods to apply

Members online

Handballing monocouche but always seen to have a few issues with it, if anyone could give me some good info I would appreciate,
I prefer it in the summer as in the winter I tend to put on in the afternoon and aim for around 8mm , I serrate it then spat it . Then the next day top it, think I might be serrating it to early not sure , but any info would be good as I always aim to do a good job , but monocouche very annoying

Handballing monocouche but always seen to have a few issues with it, if anyone could give me some good info I would appreciate,
I prefer it in the summer as in the winter I tend to put on in the afternoon and aim for around 8mm , I serrate it then spat it . Then the next day top it, think I might be serrating it to early not sure , but any info would be good as I always aim to do a good job , but monocouche very annoying
You do what . . ....

We use to do alot of hand balling but mainly re renders rather than new build. We used to find the best method was to get it flat with base coat, OCR or mono scratch, or sand/cement scratch with waterproofer. Then fix 10mm beads and top coat.

@Casper

@Rigsby
Use the search bar or just trawl the rendering section. You'll find lots of advice and relevant threads

Hillbilly GIF by memecandy