Hall & stairs

Members online

It was coming off with the poly coving. So no drama. But yes. Gratis.
But you skimmed the ceiling? So it would of had to come off anyway. Why wouldn't you just overboard it?

But you skimmed the ceiling? So it would of had to come off anyway. Why wouldn't you just overboard it?
Quote for taking poly coving off,but then takes woodchip off for free? Surely they would of known with a wallpapered ceiling once covibg was off ceiling would need doing.struggling with this one,what you smelling nath? Bullshit? That ceiling must of been 3 6x3s max.why skim over a ceiling that small that has had woodchip on

Any number of reasons, google it. You haven't grasped the point though, it's not about thinking your competent to do so. It's the fact that your now responsible for any problems real or fraudulent.
so they goaded me into removing their radiator by pretending they wanted the hall stairs and landing skimmed for the sake of finding someone to blame for their heating being defective.
been renovating properties over 20 years and never come across such a mindset from a customer. do you have such negative experiences regularly?
I don’t need to google anything . there is no chance of being blamed for any faults past present or future in a heating system because someone removes and refits a simple radiator.

so they goaded me into removing their radiator by pretending they wanted the hall stairs and landing skimmed for the sake of finding someone to blame for their heating being defective.
been renovating properties over 20 years and never come across such a mindset from a customer. do you have such negative experiences regularly?
You can take any position you want, no skin off my nose.

Hate doing landing and stairs, when I get a call asking to go price some work, I get there and they say, so what we want is a price to skim the hallway, stairs and landing, first thing that enters my mind is oh ffs, I'm banging some danger money on this one :ROFLMAO:

I don’t need to google anything . there is no chance of being blamed for any faults past present or future in a heating system because someone removes and refits a simple radiator.
Maybe you should, you'd find out that removing a "simple radiator" can and do cause problems with heating systems. As far as "no chance of being blamed" well there's a saying which you may be familiar with "where there's blame, there's a claim.

Does your insurance cover you for plumbing.

Does your insurance cover you for plumbing.
I have seen guys taking them off then water from valves leaking and damaging house below quite a few times, my insurance dont cover plumbing,i dont want to get involved in a simple rad when i know what grief can happen.

I have seen guys taking them off then water from valves leaking and damaging house below quite a few times, my insurance dont cover plumbing,i dont want to get involved in a simple rad when i know what grief can happen.
valves can leak , but if said chancer is dumb enough to trust an open ended valve or the fact that someone may come and turn it he deserves a claim

Air locks,leaks ,refilling systems without proper materials and voiding boiler warranties in the process. And yes customer's will blame you for a non related heating problem if you've with it even if you've done it correctly...as they will say it was OK before you touched it

leaks don’t happen if you know what your doing ..air lock from removing and replacing a rad, unlikely.
no special tools required for pressurising or topping up, basic filling loop or gate valve normally.
technically yes they could apportion blame for heating issues....... or marks on the carpet , or damage to woodwork or oil on the drive or the pregnant daughter or water went in the electrics and now it trips all the time. or a fiver went missing .all equally bizzare and unlikely .

And all this for £20 off and £20 back on..every1s missing the point here,why o why would you even care about going around a rad if they can't be arsed paying that? Billy do you take them off for free?