Greasy garbage yet again

Gotta agree the multi lately is horrible... Only way I've got a decent finish on it is using a non foam backed plazi right near the end ....but it's like your trowelling the life out of it .....

Gear from 3 different merchants as well so I'm not having the storage thing etc ...

I’ve had the same problems with multi all this past week. Absolute shite, greasy and not fit for purpose!
As if the job ain’t hard enough!

@The Apprentice
It needs to be returned to the merchant that you purchased it from. Attach your contact details and an explanation of the issues you’re having along with the substrate you are covering. Ask them to arrange to have it tested please.

Horrible gritty greasy shite...haven't used multi for a few years now only finish plaster....If you have a wall that needs a thicker coat we will go 50/50 multi/finish

It needs to be returned to the merchant that you purchased it from. Attach your contact details and an explanation of the issues you’re having along with the substrate you are covering. Ask them to arrange to have it tested please.
Big faff all for nothing then, same old same! I’m sure the merchants are going to piss about getting gear tested.
Where’s the input from the suppliers themselves @BritishGypsum??

JnClPe2.gif

Can you not send us a pre paid jiffy bag?

when you’re getting issues with plaster send me a photo by dm with a brief description of the issues you’ve had. Bear in mind ”it’s s**t” ain’t no use by the way, the more details you send the more they will get out of it and look at ways to try and improve in the future.
First time of trying this so let’s see how it goes.

when you’re getting issues with plaster send me a photo by dm with a brief description of the issues you’ve had. Bear in mind ”it’s s**t” ain’t no use by the way, the more details you send the more they will get out of it and look at ways to try and improve in the future.
First time of trying this so let’s see how it goes.
Can I ask a genuine question mate?
Do you manage to keep a straight face when typing these posts? If so I'd suggest you take up professional poker.
You know as well as we do that Multifinish is generally a shite product, as is Board Finish, BG coving and BG plasterboard.
BG are basically a shite company, making shite products because they're an effective monopoly and can get away with it.

Do you manage to keep a straight face when typing these posts? If so I'd suggest you take up professional poker.
You know as well as we do that Multifinish is generally a shite product, as is Board Finish, BG coving and BG plasterboard.
BG are basically a shite company, making shite products because they're an effective monopoly and can get away with it.
Taxi for Mr Essex ! :)

I thought it used to be good til they changed it about 12 - 15 years ago.
Past few years it's been awful, having to change between multi and board when one of them gets unworkable.

Shouldn't be like that.
Did they change it to accommodate the plastic trowel brigade/DIYers I wonder.

I thought it used to be good til they changed it about 12 - 15 years ago.
Past few years it's been awful, having to change between multi and board when one of them gets unworkable.

Shouldn't be like that.
Did they change it to accommodate the plastic trowel brigade/DIYers I wonder.
Probably to cut manufacturing costs, that would be my main assumption mate. Fuel being the fundamental ingredient on that one. It could be as shite as it likes, doesn't matter, they have the monopoly , as Mr Essex has already stated .

Yes because I’ve told folk what to do if they are having issues and it’s to much trouble, now I’ve managed to get a way that BG can try and identify issues by checking similarities in the batches. The folk who work in the plant are forever trying to identify any issues and genuinely want to manufacture top quality products, and being a plasterer myself I want to help fellow plasterers out there, despite being sworn at, verbally abused and threatened with physical violence purely because I work for BG.
People have been offered a route to try and improve things, despite the fact that no physical or scientific tests can be carried out this way, now let’s see if they use it.

Yes because I’ve told folk what to do if they are having issues and it’s to much trouble, now I’ve managed to get a way that BG can try and identify issues by checking similarities in the batches. The folk who work in the plant are forever trying to identify any issues and genuinely want to manufacture top quality products, and being a plasterer myself I want to help fellow plasterers out there, despite being sworn at, verbally abused and threatened with physical violence purely because I work for BG.
People have been offered a route to try and improve things, despite the fact that no physical or scientific tests can be carried out this way, now let’s see if they use it.
:cry:

I don't get why BG can't supply a uniform product like they used to.
We've all said that it's greasy and horrible to use, and it goes in waves where its simply unusable. Half sets and the other half still comes off on the trowel. And that's on boards. Scratchy and unable to finish it properly.
Latest batch (for me) Pagets builders merchants, Sheffield and Wickes Rutland Road Sheffield.

I don't get why BG can't supply a uniform product like they used to.
We've all said that it's greasy and horrible to use, and it goes in waves where its simply unusable. Half sets and the other half still comes off on the trowel. And that's on boards. Scratchy and unable to finish it properly.
Latest batch (for me) Pages builders merchants, Sheffield and Wickes Rutland Road Sheffield.
Gypsum is a natural product that’s mined

Its common practice in the UK that bagged materials are not returnable coupled with the fact that all merchants don't want to know, as it means they have four pallets of pish to contend with. Your living in your own cosy bubble of self denial my friend .