Gotta share the good news

Vincey

Private Member
I’m one week away from a full year off the fags lads
Don’t want to start going on like some super sonic hero but I’ve even surprised myself , a full year in the depths of my mashed up brain seemed impossible when it came to packing up , absolute mind duck to start with but I’m feeling so good now , I’m hoping if there’s others out there who are absolutely f**k*d off with smoking and gonna try stopping again this might help you go for it ,
First three days are the worst, that’s all the nicotine out of the body, once that’s done the rest is just hitting the lengths of time ie month , 3 month , 6 month and a year

I’d stopped before but started so this time knew I just gotta keep that nicotine out of me for the year , f**k me time flys

have a good one

Don’t want to start going on like some super sonic hero but I’ve even surprised myself , a full year in the depths of my mashed up brain seemed impossible when it came to packing up , absolute mind duck to start with but I’m feeling so good now , I’m hoping if there’s others out there who are absolutely f**k*d off with smoking and gonna try stopping again this might help you go for it ,
First three days are the worst, that’s all the nicotine out of the body, once that’s done the rest is just hitting the lengths of time ie month , 3 month , 6 month and a year

I’d stopped before but started so this time knew I just gotta keep that nicotine out of me for the year , f**k me time flys

have a good one

Nice one! (y)

Now see how long you can go without an orgasm...

Nice one! (y)

Now see how long you can go without an orgasm...
Half a day mate
John Lewis Dancing GIF by GIPHY News

Good on ya Vincent
You are responsible for your own health
the government just provided the drugs

Your lungs will be near normals function know
the heart takes longer though

if you really want to improve your health
Body & mind
take a solid food holiday & do a juice fast for 7 days
However a month one that is life changing !

your welcome

have a good one
Nice one mate, 8 years for me but I might have one tomorrow? Unopened still!

Attachments

• 20210210_223445.jpg
    20210210_223445.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Congratulations. I stopped a couple of weeks ago after scaring myself into chest pains being cancer. Got the all clear xray last week. I was only smoking about five a day, none some days but as my dad and sister both died at 53 of lung cancer, still taking a big risk. I've always stayed fit and loved a fag with a drink but I'm 59 now and started when I was 13. You could buy 10 no. 10 and a book of matches for 10 pence!

Since COVID I have been collecting empty larger bottles and cans every night.
You should see my collection.
Well it sounds better than saying I am an alcoholic.

Stopped years ago, was only a part time smoker but couldn’t have a drink in my hand without a fag. Absolutely detest it now, someone gave me a puff five years ago at a poker game and coughed my lungs up, it was absolutely disgusting. Good on you pete!

Well done, Got a note on my wall to remind me when I gave up - may 2010. I paid to go to on a course, guaranteed money back if I failed, but it worked. They did say though, don't count the time since packing up, you've quit, thats it, you don't smoke.

Congratulations. I stopped a couple of weeks ago after scaring myself into chest pains being cancer. Got the all clear xray last week. I was only smoking about five a day, none some days but as my dad and sister both died at 53 of lung cancer, still taking a big risk. I've always stayed fit and loved a fag with a drink but I'm 59 now and started when I was 13. You could buy 10 no. 10 and a book of matches for 10 pence!

Chris, if you can find the time, you might well find this book worth reading or listening to:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuUPuiFqbMk

Medical News Today
One year after quitting smoking, a person’s risk for coronary heart disease decreases by half. This risk will continue to drop past the 1-year mark.

After 5 years without smoking, the body has healed itself enough for the arteries and blood vessels to begin to widen again. This widening means the blood is less likely to clot, lowering the risk of stroke.

I remember when I use to smoke years an years ago when I first started plastering at 17 ,the 2 guys I was learning from said we have a complete lounge thats all coming off back to brick next week when we go in and hack it off you ain't having a mask on and you can see the s**t your putting into your lungs daily,the f**k**s never gave me a mask either I had my face out the Iounge window like a great dane in a car ended up quitting about 3 months after not because of that scenario but cause me mum kept pinching my fags couldn't afford it with the lodgings aswell

have a good one
Good for u keep it up I didn’t and am now vapeing which I also f**k**g hate

Good for u keep it up I didn’t and am now vapeing which I also f**k**g hate
You’ll do it mate when you want to I watch this Alan cart video loads of times to understand what he actually means , one day it clicked I got him, he helped loads Tbf he has a good book to which I read years ago and thought was a waste but then everything in the book was stuck in my head for this time round might be worth reading it for the sake of it too mate

You’ll do it mate when you want to I watch this Alan cart video loads of times to understand what he actually means , one day it clicked I got him, he helped loads Tbf he has a good book to which I read years ago and thought was a waste but then everything in the book was stuck in my head for this time round might be worth reading it for the sake of it too mate

I’ve read his book twice the first time I packed it in for about 3 years then one day a bad one at that bang back to twenty a day

That's the 1-day course I went on, much better than reading the book, but does depend on the person running the course. I relapsed after about a month, scared myself by how quick my consumption went back up, did the refresher, different person ran it, stopped smoking and never went back.
They do a bit of mild hypnosis at the end, which you might think at the time was bollox but, who knows? Do I care?