Got to be England’s turn

Topspread16

Bye Spain, bye zee Germans Ronnie and messi at home pulling each other off. I’m just getting excited, we’ll get beat off Colombia.

They need to beat Columbia in a convincing manner for the French or Brazilians to be even a tad concerned!
I fancy Kane to score a couple, still don’t think it will be enough though. Our back line is shocking. Pickford is a good shot stopper but not enough experience for me. Heaton would of been first choice had he not got injured

I fancy Kane to score a couple, still don’t think it will be enough though. Our back line is shocking. Pickford is a good shot stopper but not enough experience for me. Heaton would of been first choice had he not got injured
Am I right in thinking apart from Kane all the rest of the strikers are complete donkeys.

Would be such a good buzz if we did win and sorry I just can’t see it but still wish we do , watching France I thought man we ain’t got a chance

I hope we win but who would have thought Russia would beat Spain?? It's an interesting tournament for sure. Surprised the "ultras" are not dominating the headlines for violence??

I think we'll win tomorrow to be honest, columbias best player is a doubt in james rodregez everything goes through him.
Who gives a toss about France or Brazil, Belgium, we can't met any of them until the final at they least.
Decent enough at the back, Kyle walker is getting to be world class, and I like harry magire, he was the only decent player for us against Belgium but he may not start. Kane's world class he would walk into most sides, prolific goal scorers at international level are rare and hes one of them, after Kane and walker were bang average though, but you need a bit of luck to progress, bearing in mind it's 12 years since we made a quarter final, 28 years since a semi, and we didn't win a single game last time around in Brazil.
But the keepers a concern for me, for a team to progress they need a top notch keeper and we don't have one, he's not been tested as such yet but I'm not sold on his commanding of the box.

I would of put rashford on instead of vardy. And is ashley young just there to take throw ins

Who was that little boy on the post? f**k**g waste of time him even being there if he’s a total spastic. We’ve got one decent player in Kane and that’s it,the rest look shite.

I’d of had loftus cheek on since the hour mark, knows how the hold the ball up. Can’t see us winning this, they look dangerous every time they go forward and will wallop us on pens.

Lost before we've lost sad English temperament, instead of cheering the lads on to win.....no doubt if we lose media will love crucifying our own

Media and everyone else will have to wait for atleast one more game

Glad they won hopefully Southgate can watch that back and see he was a tactical gimp. First line of defence is attack, defend from the front. Don’t swap an attacking mid for a defensive mid when already under the cosh inviting more pressure. I understand why he did it because he’d be shredded in the morning. I’d sooner go out fighting playing exciting football than being a set of s**t bags.

We start as favourites against Sweden, we won a penalty shoot out for the first time in a World Cup
Quarter final In the sun on Saturday
against Sweden, its once in a generation stuff, I love football, I love my country there's nothing better.

Glad they won hopefully Southgate can watch that back and see he was a tactical gimp. First line of defence is attack, defend from the front. Don’t swap an attacking mid for a defensive mid when already under the cosh inviting more pressure. I understand why he did it because he’d be shredded in the morning. I’d sooner go out fighting playing exciting football than being a set of s**t bags.
He was settling for what he had on 80 minutes I don't think you can blame him for that, id have seen the game out.

He was settling for what he had on 80 minutes I don't think you can blame him for that, id have seen the game out.
Top class managers stick their neck on the line before it got to 80 mins. Been getting battered for 20 mins before that. Kane and sterling isolated feeding off scraps. Ali carrying injury, young running like he’s forgot to take the hanger out his top, right footed left wing back, defeats the object of having a wing back for me. You can’t mark width you can only mark space, which gives Kane and sterling space. Plan A of playing for set pieces didn’t work, Colombia won everything playing high balls into a back line of giants. Like throwing meat to the lions lap it up everytime. Plan B.................. roll on Saturday ring the changes.

One of the lads on a footy forum put this up, made me smile.

In the immortal words of Vinnie Jones said "Its been emotional"

Last German game I was surrounded by Germans, tonight it was English. Even though they won, eventually, those poor bastards went through hell and then somewhere worse. First the injury time equalizer sucked the life out of them, then Henderson nearly killed them. When he missed his pen, my God, utter, utter despair filled the room. I'm so lucky to be Welsh, here, we either win or we don't, its a mix of joy and frustration but whatever the result we dust ourselves off and get back to work. We don't carry the weight of failure around with us like the English do just pure national pride, win or lose.

Supporting England though is very different, its a hard, tough thing to have to endure, its a weight not a joy. My English have hope and they shout loudly about it, but believe me, no matter how loud they shout, its always a faint and distant and always clouded with the frustration and sadness of an expected failure. I watched this game with 16 English men and Women, the room was full of hope and excitement deep into injury time, then Colombia equalized. I felt the room grow thick with utter sadness and despair, it was a sad sight watching all hope leave my friends in one combined sigh of resignation. It is happening again, its happening again.

The whistle eventually blew for the end of extra time and everyone expected the inevitable and the intake of Lager increased 10 fold, as all expected their hopes to be dashed again on a white spot 11m from the goal.

Then Henderson missed, men cursed, some joining their wives and teared up while others sank to the floor. After Colombia hit the bar most stared dead eyed at the screen as Trippier walked to the spot, most wishing they were a bit trippier themselves so they wouldn't have to feel the pain when he missed.

You can imagine the next couple of fist punching minutes yourselves, when Dyer hit the back of the net I realized what it must have felt like on VE day. Beers and tears were spilled, bottles and glasses flew (glad we weren't in my house), wives were kissed, didn't matter whose wife it was, chairs, sofas, tables were upended as the party leaped screaming through the patio doors into the garden where English Men, English Women, one Welsh Man and a German bird jumped so hard we jumped ourselves back in time to our childhood where we stayed for a while without a care in the world.

We had a great party, I've just spent £185 on a taxi, its 07:40 and I'm off to bed with that German bird I mentioned, yep I pulled. I love my English friends