Got these swirls artex ceilings

Iv used it with 50/50 still got good results just gotta let fist coat really pull in before laying in or it shows through

Sorry pal but that's madness imo
Look at it like this you got half a house to do. One ceiling is deep artex . Quickly chuck some pva on . Start other room . Most of time you will have a hand board worth of plaster left . That bit of plaster will pack that artex out a fair bit . You don’t cover it just fill the pattern. . So by time you get to it ,it’s flat n prob pva,d again in say 10 mins work . Better then scraping it down and eating that asbestos

If patterns to deep I say it needs overboard or they can scrape it themselves. Give them the asbestos warning and leave it up to them, most make the right decision

Look at it like this you got half a house to do. One ceiling is deep artex . Quickly chuck some pva on . Start other room . Most of time you will have a hand board worth of plaster left . That bit of plaster will pack that artex out a fair bit . You don’t cover it just fill the pattern. . So by time you get to it ,it’s flat n prob pva,d again in say 10 mins work . Better then scraping it down and eating that asbestos

I never ever scrape artex...

1 coat of finish with bonding
2nd coat finish only

Also only gets 1 coat of pva

I.ll have to try this zombie mix. Though could never just skim over deep artex. As for overboarding artex normally comes with coving round here .I do put it to customer to scrape it tell em it will save em so much . Then add it on if they agree . Even lend em floor scraper

Ceiling all dried up and looking lovely thanks all!! First time using grit and shits the nuts ! First coat bit harder than usual but zombie mix helped !! Cheers merry Xmas all

Attachments

• 20171215_151813.jpg
    20171215_151813.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 208
  • 20171215_151822.jpg
    20171215_151822.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 226
  • 20171213_130122.jpg
    20171213_130122.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 214
Ceiling all dried up and looking lovely thanks all!! First time using grit and shits the nuts ! First coat bit harder than usual but zombie mix helped !! Cheers merry Xmas all
Thought ye was getting rid of artex.....joke . If only I had a pound every time I hear that...