got offered a job today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
wont say who by as you never know.day work patching 80£ a day before tax plus 10£ petrol money.temporary job

after tax=64
exra petrol =10-15
tunnel toll=4

total hours out of house=3-4 hours travel +8 at work=11 -12

total =approx 46£ a day for 11-12 hours work not bad hey

well i would be if i accepted but i ll take my chances else where,might aswell start selling some marching powder or deliver for the curry shop fcuk going there for that tossers

dont know henry but im a stuborn dick and refuse to be taken the piss out off.rule 1 when hiring anyoneand ive been there believe me is dont expect them to do summatt you would nt do so they can go and fcuk themselves as i say i can deal drugs or deliver pizza/curry for that kind of money

you do much rendering rh? i turned a rendering job down few weeks ago cos i didnt fancy tackling a gable on me own. it was a gable and back of house wanted s+c render. i dont think anyone else has had the job cos no scaff or owt gone up.the guy was waiting to re-morgage or summat. if u wanted in i could see if its still up for grabs.

I got offered a job 2 weeks ago won't say who also { you never no like you say } £ 90 a shift . He wanted me on site at 7.30 mixed up and skimming by 8 and finish at 5. Asked him how much he expected doing in a day he said and i quote... 70-80m2. Take petrol about a tenner a day then tax will leave me about £65 a day . Never thought i'd see the day when plasterers would have to work for sh1t money like that......

i rang a lad a couple of weeks back he offered my mate some work but he was busy he answers the phone and goes how long have you being doing it then ? .............i told the **** aand he goes yeah the lads are doing well here there all doing a grand a week in its reskimming houses i asked him what they were paying a metre ...........2 quid........i said so there earning a grand doing reskims on 2 quid? he goes yeah yeah but there putting a few hours in like...........**** off lol

its aproblem cos people accept it i know bills etc food blabla bla.this di ckhead told me and i quote "its the industry" i replied no its not its greed.i ve never made huge amounts in the uk but i m o £2.5o is the very very lowest you shud get on a big commercial site and £3 on house thats fair for every one

was one of the reasons my brother jacked it in was we were doing house bashing and the price went from £3 down to £2 . We were killing ourselves to make anything decent. He now works in a recycling depot getting regular money and not killing himself . whenever i ring him to give me hand he tells me to fook right off...

its bollox and these people getting the contracts are taking the piss end of yea prices might of come down for them but not as much as there passing on they are greedy cnuts who are taking advantage.i promise if they could nt get anyone the price would go up

Its a hard game. Alot of guys will chuck it in eventually and be better of moneywise in an unskilled job!! It seems you are better off on site on daywork thesedays than on price!! I honestly cant remember last time I had a lunchbreak! Just shove a sandwich in your mouth and keep going. That cant be right in 2011!

eatings cheating .......imagine how much money we earnt if we had half hour at ten and an hour for lunch lol

I envy those trades that can just drop their tools and stop work.Plasterings like a ball and chain soon as the powder hits the water,your stuck.

this is exactly why id prefer to play it safe and stick with working for the local council, decent pension, not much work, lots of tea :RpS_thumbup:

& i keep saying it unless every body sticks together & tell the contractors to **** off you wont get the prices up i was on £2.50 a meter 6years back like spunky should be £4 a meter

we were getting £3.75 a meter skimming about 4 years ago.... and about £12 a meter float and set.... whats gone wrong :-(

we were getting £3.75 a meter skimming about 4 years ago.... and about £12 a meter float and set.... whats gone wrong :-(

Yeah that's good rates, we earnt very good on £3.50 a few years back all big runs and paid weekly, bloke was mint with the money to....he was paying is £3.50 a liner meter to on all the bulk heads and upstands, was like a trowel width, brilliant money!

I got offered £2.75 last week, but couldn't do it...

i know where every ones coming from here... but the way i see it is the main contractors win the jobs with rock bottom prices just to keep there quantity surveyors, managers, admin staff and secretaries in work cover there expences for 6 new bmw's and pay the rent on there offices so they cut all the prices down to bare minimum and add 5-10% profit on for themselves... then they subby the work out to anyone willing to do it... however the problem is... there will allways be someone willing to do it...

i know where every ones coming from here... but the way i see it is the main contractors win the jobs with rock bottom prices just to keep there quantity surveyors, managers, admin staff and secretaries in work cover there expences for 6 new bmw's and pay the rent on there offices so they cut all the prices down to bare minimum and add 5-10% profit on for themselves... then they subby the work out to anyone willing to do it... however the problem is... there will allways be someone willing to do it...

poacher turned gamekeeper your starting to believe there bull aswell :RpS_sneaky::RpS_wink:

So there is a down turn and it makes it right to drop the price they pay a tradesman.
Exploitation The act of using something for any purpose. In this case, exploit
The act of using something in an unjust or cruel manner. It is this meaning of exploitation

Dont piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

what are you on about henry,
its supply and demand the same as any other business if lads will work for that then thats up to them.Its a free market.

I dont agree with it, but thats how it is.

I know its shte i was getting 3 quid a metre ten years ago aswell, but times change and not always for the better.

Last edited:
what are you on about henry,
its supply and demand the same as any other business if lads will work for that then thats up to them.Its a free market.

I dont agree with it, but thats how it is.

I know its shte i was getting 3 quid a metre ten years ago aswell, but times change and not always for the better.

you are 100% right of course but (isnt there always) if these people couldnt get anyone to do it for £2m2 etc then they would put their prices up.its a very demanding job and if you are self employed with van etc ni hol pay sick pay bla bla bla you shud be able to make £150 a day as a tradesman.i ve said it before get some one who repairs whitegoods round your house and see what they earn all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.