got offered a job today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep,a good idea! Ive tried dropping biz cards thru doors and got no response but leaflets perhaps give more info about what you can do. Dont want to go on site anymore,its a mugs game at the mo! Might go down B&Q and stand outside with me stilts on and a hand full of leaflets! People always comment when youre on the stilts so its a good icebreaker.

yep thats good i cant walk stilts but if i cud that would be a good idea.but ill bet you that the jobsworth from b+q would nt let you do that on there land,i got asked to leave a parking spot at a builders merchants with my sign.my pitch at b+q is on a public lay by

Always thought you lads by the coast would have plenty of work with mainainance on hotels,b&bs etc? Get yourself some stilts Rock! Theyre cheap nowadays on ebay and make life so easy! Had mine abt 8 years now and wouldnt be without them. Didnt think I would ever be able to walk on them let alone work on them but after a week I was good on them!

mate ive tried but i cant see out of my right eye so im not got the best perifial vision and im a clumsy c**t.i totally agree they are the way forward my work partner for over a dozen years in states wore them most days and they are worth there weight in gold.

as for b+bs and hotels they are a nitemare they are strugling themselves plus every day i see another plaster van competition is unbelievable you even struggle getting a ton a day in domestic its fcuked

well,to be honest youve just described Northampton too! Everyday a new name pops up on a van around here too! this town has always had lots of spreads but you drive around now and theyre everywhere!! It is fcuked but it cant keep on like that,so many people here on waiting list for council homes that soon they must build bigtime.Also the construction industry feeds so many other businesses,its huge! they have to get things going soon! Its always been peaks and troughs in this game,its a cycle and the peak will come again.

problem with blackpool is its like a big culdisack on the m55 your a bit isolated there.

ive been on a couple of stag dos in blackpool,and some of the s**t hole b and bs i wouldnt let me dog doss down for the night in.

Status
Not open for further replies.