Got it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer i will today, however im sure they didnt have it in stock so it what BG sent them once we placed a order. Not really the suppliers fault in my mind might moan at the source

I'd be going mental maybe they haven't sold enough and aren't turning it round quick enough as far as I know when a fresh batch of multi turns up from the yard it usually has at least 4-5 months you've been robbed

I'd be going mental maybe they haven't sold enough and aren't turning it round quick enough as far as I know when a fresh batch of multi turns up from the yard it usually has at least 4-5 months you've been robbed

I think all the BG gypsum plaster products have a four month use by date from day of manufacture Spunky, so you're probably right that they're not selling it quick enough at the moment. I know that when I pay for my next pallet it will either be fresh or be sent away, simples.

well as far as i no, things like thistle projection, and so i assume spray finish aswell, are only available special order in pallets because they are made to order as the demand is low, hence why no1 stocks them. so unless some1 had ordered a pallet and then not taken it for some reason and then it was passed on, i cant see any reason why it should go out of date so soon

our pallet i bought is 6th jan as well but i got it a fair while ago only got 5 bags left :) got it for few jobs one of which fell through, so we've been using it whenever possible here and there.
not 100% convinced on it still

our pallet i bought is 6th jan as well but i got it a fair while ago only got 5 bags left :) got it for few jobs one of which fell through, so we've been using it whenever possible here and there.
not 100% convinced on it still

Are you spraying it tricky or hand applying? I'm also not 100% on it, what is it that you're not sure about mate?
So everyone seems to have bags that are dated for the 6th of Jan, I wonder just how many runs of this product they've done. It's a question I'll ask at BG on Monday, if anyone has any serious questions (so that excludes you Dave) they want asking just PM me.

we've sprayed it only a handfull of times, seems to go better than hand applying.
don't like it picking up so fast and that it can feel like i've got to work harder to get a finish,also can be tear abit when trowelling.
caught the lads two coating with it the other day which i wasn't happy about,kinda defeats the purpose of it. not sure how that turned out, one coated mine and left them there lol

Because you're never serious, at least I hope you're not being serious.

we've sprayed it only a handfull of times, seems to go better than hand applying.
don't like it picking up so fast and that it can feel like i've got to work harder to get a finish,also can be tear abit when trowelling.
caught the lads two coating with it the other day which i wasn't happy about,kinda defeats the purpose of it. not sure how that turned out, one coated mine and left them there lol

That's just what I thought when hand applying, the initial pickup is to quick, which you wouldn't get with spraying it. I did find it hardly tore at all when I made sure to put a thicker coat on, and was trowelling up with a steel trowel and getting good results but not "superior" to multi as BG are saying, whatever that means.

oh and if ur wondering, i used some out of date thistle projection today and it took ages to go off. so im gonna say that i reckon the spray finish will take longer to go off the older it gets

oh and if ur wondering, i used some out of date thistle projection today and it took ages to go off. so im gonna say that i reckon the spray finish will take longer to go off the older it gets
thats the same as knauf mp finish out of date takes ages to go off

Hey there just been reading through the machine plastering posts and was wondering which machine theclemo uses as u say yours doesn't mix just spray,never posted on here before and didn't know how to directly message someone sorry.

Hey there just been reading through the machine plastering posts and was wondering which machine theclemo uses as u say yours doesn't mix just spray,never posted on here before and didn't know how to directly message someone sorry.

Hi mate. I use a MPE 250 screw pump. The machine is 8 years old now.

There is new pumps out now a lot smaller. Am going to get a demo on this machine.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, whats the best machine for spraying krend/monocouche, looking at a ritmo or maybe g4 or 5, anyone got any experience with any of these machines, thanks lads

Hi clivo,

Depends on what kind of scale jons you are talking about.

If its mainly site work then definatly a G4/5,

If you do smaller builds/domestic then i'd say just go with either a Ritmo M or an L

The G4 has a higher output so is great on site or large areas but is a bigger machine and would require a 3 phase generator, the Ritmo's are a bit slower but also a lot smaller but they can still handle most sized jobs

Hi everyone, whats the best machine for spraying krend/monocouche, looking at a ritmo or maybe g4 or 5, anyone got any experience with any of these machines, thanks lads

Hi @clivo, welcome to the forum, we are based in Cheltenham so only round the corner from you. We have a range of machine in stock, G4's, G5'S and M-tec M300's please feel free to pop in at any time to have a look.

As @UKPlasteringmachines said, the machine you require is down to what kind of Jobs you do. If your doing K-rend daily and just focusing on monocouche renders I would recommend a 3 Phase machine, mainly the M-tec M300.

If you want to pop in at anytime of have a chat please give me a call on 01242 236699

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.