Got it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I'm using normal site mixed S&C but intend to get some of the CPI General Purpose Render to run through the nice new shiny shiny.
I've now got my head around the fact that I'll need to pre-treat the Celcons with something like microgobetis to kill the suction (something I've never done) but when Stu told me how many m2 of blockwork can be sprayed with the gobetis in an hour using the Ritmo it all started to make sense.

Andy, you dont need to treat the blockwork mate, all you need to do is spray a quick splatter coat all over the room and then straight back on them with the full coat. i sprayed on insulation blocks all the time with cpi and never had a problem using this method

when simps says "a quick splatter coat all over the room" he actually means the walls and not the floor , ceiling ,doors and windows although sometimes i do wonder!

when simps says "a quick splatter coat all over the room" he actually means the walls and not the floor , ceiling ,doors and windows although sometimes i do wonder!

Good job you pipped up there Ian or there could have been on almighty mess as I was told to follow their advise to the letter:RpS_lol:

he is right tho, have used gyprime on celcons and sprayed with cpi . it was not nice had a job to rule it ,it was sliding about and sagging ,didnt rub up till next day, and no suction when we skimmed it either!

he is right tho, have used gyprime on celcons and sprayed with cpi . it was not nice had a job to rule it ,it was sliding about and sagging ,didnt rub up till next day, and no suction when we skimmed it either!

thanks for the info, banked it in the brain

so what do you guys do on a outside that is sprayed with cpi on celcons? we do alot of 2 coat s+c and my masterplan was to microgob it then use cpi scratch leave then top coat it and rub. However now i have images of it running down the walls. Do Mono do the same?

Last edited:
you dont need to use any primer, cpi do a product called Highbond, sprays no problem, scratch coat with this then top as normal.

i would prefer mp75 or hardwall on celcons. Frickin mp75 is there to make £££

whats the going rate for mp75? is it less the hardwall skim or are people getting away with charging the same? knauf's training place is very close is i worth going for a course to become approved?? can someone pm me

dunno bout going rates but a bag is about 5-6 quid and does about 2.5 mts. you should be able to do at least 30mts of finished work a day per man inc beading and prep

thanks for the info, banked it in the brain

so what do you guys do on a outside that is sprayed with cpi on celcons? we do alot of 2 coat s+c and my masterplan was to microgob it then use cpi scratch leave then top coat it and rub. However now i have images of it running down the walls. Do Mono do the same?

im a bit skeptical about microgoby , always preferred to do a scratch as simps says with highbond, i know people swear by it and ive seen some top jobs done using it, but i just believe some backgrounds need a scratchcoat!

Same here I can't see heavy renders sticking to something with little bits of grit in it

whats the going rate for mp75? is it less the hardwall skim or are people getting away with charging the same? knauf's training place is very close is i worth going for a course to become approved?? can someone pm me

BG do Projection plaster which is the same kind of thing, it actually sets quicker as well because the MP75 has been known to hang for a long period of time, its been said to hang for days or even weeks in these kind of conditions.
Andy, do your comments from earlier mean you will not be using the Spray Finish?

i can normally get away with charging the same for mp75. bg projection is a better finish. as far as i remember last xmas i was on a church in peckham on my own and i was averaging 20-25 bags, including loading out and clearing up..not particularly big runs either. hard work tho. but if ur being sensible id say 30-40m a day

BG do Projection plaster which is the same kind of thing, it actually sets quicker as well because the MP75 has been known to hang for a long period of time, its been said to hang for days or even weeks in these kind of conditions.
Andy, do your comments from earlier mean you will not be using the Spray Finish?

Hi Joe, I'm still intending to use the Spray Finish but unfortunately I wont have anywhere to use it until after Christmas now. I've been hand applying some of the free pallet I was given but unfortunately it wasn't to fresh and will be out of date on the 6th Jan so may end up in a skip before we're skimming again.

Hi Joe, I'm still intending to use the Spray Finish but unfortunately I wont have anywhere to use it until after Christmas now. I've been hand applying some of the free pallet I was given but unfortunately it wasn't to fresh and will be out of date on the 6th Jan so may end up in a skip before we're skimming again.

best look at the date on ours not even thought about that. And ours was not free :(

best look at the date on ours not even thought about that. And ours was not free :(

Steve you need to push for that free pallet, we were all told on that demo day that, "if you order a machine before ..... then you'll get a 5% discount off the machine and a free pallet of the new Spray Finish". I don't know about you Steve but I costed this into the outlay on the machine, as a whole pallet of gear is worth over £300.

Yep ours is out of date on the 6th of Jan. After all the hold ups ect i look like im going to end up with 70 bags of Spray out of date. Why the **** is the date on it so soon?

Steve you need to push for that free pallet, we were all told on that demo day that, "if you order a machine before ..... then you'll get a 5% discount off the machine and a free pallet of the new Spray Finish". I don't know about you Steve but I costed this into the outlay on the machine, as a whole pallet of gear is worth over £300.

ive been told there are legal issues or something. Not a happy bunny tonight :RpS_sneaky:

the bags of plaster wont turn into pumpkins on the expiry date, as long as they are kept dry and off the deck they will be fine for months yet. No way would I bin a pallet of gear so soon

the bags of plaster wont turn into pumpkins on the expiry date, as long as they are kept dry and off the deck they will be fine for months yet. No way would I bin a pallet of gear so soon

I know that Rich, but we probably wont be skimming for best part of a month after Christmas and I wouldn't chance putting out of date gear through our new baby.

I've seen out of date gear go bang .....I think they've given you the shizen I'm afraid lads shows what salesmen are like

Imagine if everything went really well and everyone else was rubbish *****?....it could still happen.....

I know that Rich, but we probably wont be skimming for best part of a month after Christmas and I wouldn't chance putting out of date gear through our new baby.

if its anything like the knauf machine plasters, they go off slower the more out of date they get

Im sure it will be fine but when using a new product you need it reacting in a constant way so you can learn how to use it. Just not what i was hoping when we shelled out over £600 in materials and learning to use a new method to put it on the wall.

Thistle Spray Finish

"Its Thistle plaster, but goes out of date faster!"

:RpS_laugh:

No Steve, I'm sure it has the same shelf life as Multi, you paid for yours and in my mind that entitles you to reasonably fresh gear. Get onto your supplier and moan like ****, I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.