google

Members online

Just means the competition in your area is not that strong :D

A lot of sites got hit for exact match domain names a couple of years back so when picking a domain that needs to be something you think about :D

hundreds of factors come into play with SEO but competition from other people is a big factor
Haha
Could well be!!

Although to be honest my website although it's pants is basically used as a reference if I need to point anyone in the direction of past work
Although I must say it's been a while since I updated it.
My numbers displayed within the Google places part and also on the site for the casual browser that just want a number to call.

The only thing I will do at some point is do it to suit mobiles and tablets as well

I've been waiting as I've updated the logo so may as well do it all at once if I can be arsed :tonto::tonto:

If your sites not responsive your wasting your time it's that simple. I know and you know you ain't zooming In To read s**t.

399 a month sounds dear..... Like the price of some houses.

I get offered the same all the time from 99 per month etc etc

Think if you have a dpare 399 per month to spare then you dont need the advert in the first place

Its not dear if they can actually do what they say they can... most seo's are crooks and spin you lies and b*ll***s

Its not dear if they can actually do what they say they can... most seo's are crooks and spin you lies and b*ll***s
Yeah most are crooks. How do you know who is and who isnt. There are hundreds of plasterers per town they can all be top slot but it seems they are all promised top slot

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

The lad in our area- coventry- beats mine and beddys site to the top 90% of the time has a free google site that he did himself. Its not responsive either. As danny says content is king. He has pages and pages of waffle. Its a double edge sword though because he's at the top but theres so much waffle it'd be hard for a potential customer to bother reading it all.

Ours is £8 per month through 1&1.com and i did it myself (still a major work in progress) but i've spent maybe 2 hours on it. We get a couple of calls a week from it and just completed a job worth just shy of £20k from it. Not sure of any better ROI's out there but the £8 a month is covered for the next 10 years off that 1 job for me.

You can spend loads and still not get top rank imo. A nicely designed site you can edit yourself occasionally would be ideal and maybe best of both worlds

I pretty sure google uses your location as well so if someone 2 streets away searches for plasterers even with an average site you'll come up in their results. Thats not fact just my sceptical mind

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 206
Yeah most are crooks. How do you know who is and who isnt. There are hundreds of plasterers per town they can all be top slot but it seems they are all promised top slot

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

For the joe public... you cant tell...

Without digging too deep there are ways to rank a page/website quickly however some methods could damage your sites forever and I mean forever, i have done extensive testing on domains to see how far I can push them and then when they get dropped by google try to recover them... one has taken 3 years to recover and some are just shot to bits....

A lot of SEO companies use old fashioned out dated "dangerous" tactics.... I use them as well but not on client sites... I use them to rank sites that i need to rank quickly but have a short life span... churn and burn... get in make my money and get out....

If I do take on a client site I do it "white hat" yes there is still a risk and yes its slower and I mean I want 6 months at least but I know that I am doing it that will last and not risk your company...

I also never promise results... nobdy really knows for sure if a site is going to rank... my 15 years of doing it gives me an edge but nobody knows and people at google dont know either... anybody that says they do or use to work for google are so full of s**t it is un true...

Matt Cutts is world famous google web spam team director and even he cant be sure...

The lad in our area- coventry- beats mine and beddys site to the top 90% of the time has a free google site that he did himself. Its not responsive either. As danny says content is king. He has pages and pages of waffle. Its a double edge sword though because he's at the top but theres so much waffle it'd be hard for a potential customer to bother reading it all.

Ours is £8 per month through 1&1.com and i did it myself (still a major work in progress) but i've spent maybe 2 hours on it. We get a couple of calls a week from it and just completed a job worth just shy of £20k from it. Not sure of any better ROI's out there but the £8 a month is covered for the next 10 years off that 1 job for me.

You can spend loads and still not get top rank imo. A nicely designed site you can edit yourself occasionally would be ideal and maybe best of both worlds

Most people dont read the shite they just hit the contact us button and get on the phone...

You also need to be aware that you may think your site is on top but google will serve the results best suited for you and if you have clicked on a site before it will a lot of the time serve that up... so for example it may look like your number one but you are not :D

The sites I build use premium templates with a lot of custom stuff and settings that I have developed over the years and you can login and edit if you want to but most of the time I just do the changes as it does go wrong sometimes :D

If a sites cost you £2k a year and you make £100 profit... its worth it

As google is a website search engine. No one can guarantee you a 1st place spot. Its all to do with how healthy your site is. By that i mean key words in your literature and sub pages. The more common words you have in your page which people search for the better your page becomes. By promoting your page say on twitter google links them together and updates its engine on based on the activity it generates.by spreading your page across other sites it slowly boosts you up the rankings.same as google business page and g+ add a picture a week followed by your web address and youll be at the top in no time.thats all you will be paying them companies to do. Search optimisation and keywords.hope that makes sense.