Good Price or Not?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
A priced up for a job the other day it was 3 walls out off a bed room and a cupboard which was about the same size as a small bathroom (four walls) and a told him it would take me two days and cost 280 pound that was with a labourer two and he had all the materials sorted so it was just money for the work that needed done am just wondering if that is a fair price he was trying to get it done for 120 put a told ad do it no cheaper than a had said

Price only matters to you, and how much you need to earn. I am sure that if the fella had enough quotes done, he would get someone to do it for less than 120.

It's doable in a day if the jobs set up right you're price is an expensive one day or a very cheap 2 day

It was a two day mate a was basically just wanting to no if a was too expensive and by the sounds off things if anything a was a little cheap so he was never going to accept my price so am happy a stayed firm and never drop my price because it wudnt hav been worth doing

There is always someone cheaper and its suprising how many people will put up with a mediocre job..........just move on to the next job marra......**** him

sounds like it would be do-able in a day( if just a re-skim) so i would say thats expensive someone will prob go in cheaper.

3 walls and a cupboard sounds like an easy day, maybe day and a half if theres lots of prep. Probably priced yourself out cause of the lab. No need on this job.

A priced up for a job the other day it was 3 walls out off a bed room and a cupboard which was about the same size as a small bathroom (four walls) and a told him it would take me two days and cost 280 pound that was with a labourer two and he had all the materials sorted so it was just money for the work that needed done am just wondering if that is a fair price he was trying to get it done for 120 put a told ad do it no cheaper than a had said
To expensive! Robbin bastaad:RpS_sneaky:

not bad price 4 a days work.skim the 3 walls in the morning cuboard in the afternoon.with a lab mixing and cleaning out buckets.should blitz that 1 day.

Can anyone doing domestics really afford a labourer nowadays?

Maybe on site work or refurbs for builders....but on domestics?

A priced up for a job the other day it was 3 walls out off a bed room and a cupboard which was about the same size as a small bathroom (four walls) and a told him it would take me two days and cost 280 pound that was with a labourer two and he had all the materials sorted so it was just money for the work that needed done am just wondering if that is a fair price he was trying to get it done for 12 put a told ad do it no cheaper than a had said
That's about right for the bedroom just
Stick a bit extra on for the box room, if you take in to.account tax, n.i, insurance , fuel , wear n tear, etc your probs on the cheap side, but you charge what you need to , any Muppet can work for nowt

It,s worth what it is to you ,no one can say" to much or to cheap " as your the only one that has seen the job ,do what is right for you and the lad

Nowadays it's what the customer is willing to pay. For the same job one can say 'fecking hell, that's expensive' and another could say 'that's cheep - round it up to £300 and I'll sheet up for you, just shout when you want a cuppa..

How many times have we all been told the size of a room ,and given a price ,before seeing it ,only to find ,furniture ,carpets ,pictures on the wall ,curtains still up , no where to knock up , park 3 roads down ,it goes on and on ,ever job has it,s own price

How many times have we all been told the size of a room ,and given a price ,before seeing it ,only to find ,furniture ,carpets ,pictures on the wall ,curtains still up , no where to knock up , park 3 roads down ,it goes on and on ,ever job has it,s own price

On aye, been there etc. Did an insurance job on a ceiling - place was a shithole. Couple sat in room with a huge ashtray brimming with fagash. Walls were sticky with nicotine. They asked if we wanted them to move.. Told them I'd throw a dust sheet over them... Was craving for a cig when we left.

Sounds spot on to me, That's the price I would give for me and my mate £280.00 a day 2 plasterers. 4 Years ago we could get £340.00 a day and diesel was 95p then. It's **** really our money has drop but road tax van insurance and public liabilty tools and every else has all gone up 20%-40%. And pint in my pub is over £4.00 so I can't even drown my sorrows any more:-(

over 4 quid jesus, i thought the prices in the club i drink in had got dear its 2.80 a pint there but fook paying 4 quid or more

Got a friend who is a 20 yr time served tiler blah blah. Hes pretty good at plastering but refusing to do it nowadays cos market been flooded with 60 a day boys. The tiling he said is still holding its price and ive had people say to us theyve had pretty **** plastering done but they can sand it etc :RpS_scared:

You cant really tart up tiling once done so its gotta be done right, thats his theory

If we as a trade would stick together abit on priceing ,then they would not be so low ,all the time someone comments on a thread such as this ,saying "that,s alot of money"
every Tom,Dick or Harry that uses forums such as this for information on pricing ,will alway think back to that one comment

Status
Not open for further replies.