Good example of sun on render

Members online

That must have been those rough b*****d ship builders they dont know what an ibar is!

Attachments

• Majesty_of_the_Seas_in_Nassau,_Bahamas_1.jpg
    Majesty_of_the_Seas_in_Nassau,_Bahamas_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 437
Looks good .why's there no bead on bay roof. I love that rough finish gives them squirrels something to climb up.:ROFLMAO:

Looks good .why's there no bead on bay roof. I love that rough finish gives them squirrels something to climb up.:ROFLMAO:
Because the client has taken the advice from the lead guy who said that it would be better to cut the lead in afterwards. The whole lead roof is being replaced after we've finished. I know, I know utter madness but sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and carry on.
Doesn't everyone make their walls nature friendly? Squirrels, Dormice, Polecats and Badgers, they can all get a decent foothold.

Because the client has taken the advice from the lead guy who said that it would be better to cut the lead in afterwards. The whole lead roof is being replaced after we've finished. I know, I know utter madness but sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and carry on.
Doesn't everyone make their walls nature friendly? Squirrels, Dormice, Polecats and Badgers, they can all get a decent foothold.
Not round here . To many burglars

Nice one. Result really.beter than having to keep a new lead roof clean. Wot sand and mix did u use. Waterproofer .or just Feb.

:ROFLMAO: I was going to say, I'm pretty sure most ships/super yachts I've seen do have the same problem under different lights, military ships are the worst.

Yip matey boys on another planet. There is a brand new multi million pound national police headquarters about a mile away from my house and they have used massive 3 inch thick glass windows and when the sun beams off it at an accute angle it is quite wavy so how the f**k you are supposed to get perfection by hand when machines can't even do it is beyond me.

It can be perfect if the efforts put in and you genuinely understand how to achieve it..

Example.

They build huge superstructures for yachts, big sheets of ali that are welded together, distorted and need completely skimming out with filler, lads working off multiple lifts of scaffold skimming and ruling before sanding on longboards at every angle. Not a dissimilar process to rendering a masonry wall. These yachts are then plonked in the ocean with light bouncing off the water, exposed at every angle and they are faultless.

Yer off yer fookin nut pal!!!

This is it mate I critique myself so can take more , the front of the house was/is a dash at top which used a stop bead too the bottom I worked into a edge I cut through with a grinder , too thick on top bead over window and tbh slight wave above and side of door just as sun hit and as it came round it went up the wall

Nice one. Result really.beter than having to keep a new lead roof clean. Wot sand and mix did u use. Waterproofer .or just Feb.
Soft washed sand.
4 1/2 : 1 scratch coat with coarse screed fibres, fibre mesh embedded at stress points and Everbuild waterproofer.
5 1/5 :1 : 1/4 topcoat with fine fibres and Feb.
Poly float and sponge to finish.

This is it mate I critique myself so can take more , the front of the house was/is a dash at top which used a stop bead too the bottom I worked into a edge I cut through with a grinder , too thick on top bead over window and tbh slight wave above and side of door just as sun hit and as it came round it went up the wall
View attachment 33555View attachment 33556View attachment 33557
Nothing at all wrong with that Pete, lovely work.

Soft washed sand.
4 1/2 : 1 scratch coat with coarse screed fibres, fibre mesh embedded at stress points and Everbuild waterproofer.
5 1/5 :1 : 1/4 topcoat with fine fibres and Feb.
Poly float and sponge to finish.
No sharp Andy ?