GirdaGrip

Members online

No members online now.
Anyone tried these, not a bad idea :aburrido:

Looks decent. Always a pain on the arse doing steels, can take a couple of hours fanning around with them. It looks like it drops down about an inch though which looks the only downside as steels are often pretty low as it is. Obviously to accommodate the length of a screw bit not ideal

Their a good little idea mate! I’m Same as @Robbo123 though about the drop on the underside.... But having said that I would definitely give them a try and see if their any Kop.
Having said that it's not our house... So if it's quicker count me in

Cheap enough as well, £16 for 20 or £30 for 50. What do you think @imago ?

They seem like a reasonable idea apart from the additional depth they add.

Most of the stuff we do is double beams, so just use timber off cuts between them and screw to those with a bead of fire rated grab adhesive along the length of the beam. Single beams get a double bead of fire rated grab to stick the board.

For the web sides I use timber off cuts again but held in place with self-drilling bay pole screws on a single. For double beams I just use the bolts that clamp the beams together to fix the timbers.

For you guys working after the baddie builder's disappeared off to Costa or back to 'the office' to make a list, I reckon they'd be a quicker easier solution.

Get a grip !
2 hour for joiner on a 3 .0 span steel @£30 x2 = £60 .... timber £25 total £85

Girda grip @£16.50 4 laths @£15 plaster to fit with rusty handsaw £55 labour 5/10 mins ...

Your welcome

New product, I’m in

Only issue is in my town nothing is every straight so would they work ?

Now that's a good idea..problem is,il guarantee you majority of builders will not purchase them and use off cuts of noggins because it's cheaper 4 them

You

You cannot see the relevance of the steel being pushed up tight to the brick work, to support what's above? Therefore you cannot put the top clip in? I'll just use foam when I come across this again then...all good
I dont see the relevance of you slagging off what is clearly a demo,try and see beyond the the foam etc and ask yourself could I save some time and money with this product, after all this job is hard enough as it is so anything that makes my life easier is worth a look. I've used them so that qualifies me to pass judgement!!!!

They seem like a reasonable idea apart from the additional depth they add.

Most of the stuff we do is double beams, so just use timber off cuts between them and screw to those with a bead of fire rated grab adhesive along the length of the beam. Single beams get a double bead of fire rated grab to stick the board.

For the web sides I use timber off cuts again but held in place with self-drilling bay pole screws on a single. For double beams I just use the bolts that clamp the beams together to fix the timbers.

For you guys working after the baddie builder's disappeared off to Costa or back to 'the office' to make a list, I reckon they'd be a quicker easier solution.
What is fire rated grab adhesive called?

It's not cheaper though, once you factor in the time saving, it's a false economy!!
Builders dont see it like that tho,builders see it as oh I've got 6 off cuts of noggins there,il get them cut down to put in steel,oh better still,I've got to put a rip of plasterboard inside in ingress then dot on top of my board I put in,majority of builders dont give a f**k in thinking like that,I wish there did.id do it ur way everytime but I ain't buying the clips

I dont see the relevance of you slagging off what is clearly a demo,try and see beyond the the foam etc and ask yourself could I save some time and money with this product, after all this job is hard enough as it is so anything that makes my life easier is worth a look. I've used them so that qualifies me to pass judgement!!!!
I dont see the relevance of your poxy clip. It Takes ten minutes to nog out a steel if you know how to use a tape and a saw

What ever, clippy. So you install a steel totally s**t so you can get ya clip on...
I'm not even gunna waste my time explaining to you the mechanics behind the installation process, you clearly out to cause problems Noggo, playing the "devils advocate" all the time, carry on using your noggins mate , I prefer to live in the 21st century.

I'm not even gunna waste my time explaining to you the mechanics behind the installation process, you clearly out to cause problems Noggo, playing the "devils advocate" all the time, carry on using your noggins mate , I prefer to live in the 21st century.o...
Stop calling me noggo...
I dont like it

What is fire rated grab adhesive called?

I've used this from Toolstation Fire rated board adhesive. there are others though, Soudal for example. It's handy stuff generally because building control love to see things like that, and also in places like kitchens (commercial or domestic) fire places, staircases on HMOs and so on where you need to cover some timber or studwork in awkward or odd shaped places.