Getting the best out of the speedskim

hstoke

When using the above when applying multi etc 1st n 2nd coats the speed of banging the gear on with the trowel normally back n forth to flatten on background, to move quicker round the room just using one motion when applying with trowel, the speedskim should still flatten back n save time or r u really creating problems I know it's lot of ifs n buts size of room temperature ,tight pants ,the night before etc ?!!!

@scottie5 uses these and probably one of the better chaps to advise on this. I use eze spats myself but have heard the blue blade speedskims are very good?

Am i pissed but did not have a clue what you are on about,is this a question?
What I'm trying say is traditional method of up n down motion on a wall ceiling if yer flattening after with speedskim put the gear on up the wall n then move on instead friggin around up n down with the trowel glad yer pissed already :birra:

What I'm trying say is traditional method of up n down motion on a wall ceiling if yer flattening after with speedskim put the gear on up the wall n then move on instead friggin around up n down with the trowel glad yer pissed already :birra:
I flatten from top down about a foot then sideways and little flick upwards from the bottom with a 600

Direction Doesnt make alot of difference flat is flat
But normally for the first flatten id rule in the direction of the tapered board edges and also with the beads the door linings not across them same principal as ruling any other material.

Well I'm a f**k**g convert! Used mine for the first time today. Piece of piss to use. Cut out 2 trowels. Happy days!

i used mine yesterday, to flatten first and second coat, i just mist sprayed the skimmed wall on the second coat, dragged it down from the top as far as i could whilst on the tressel, then came up from the bottom.
i put on two tight coats of skim, i wait for the first to pull put the second on mist up the wall with a pump spray and use the 4ft speed skim, so easy and quick and if theres and dips/ depressions in the wall they show straight up because of the water on the wall... ive not tryed to finish a wall off with the speed skim yet but, i will be giving it a go next week, its a good bit of kit, it saves alot of effort, which is what its all about..

i used mine yesterday, to flatten first and second coat, i just mist sprayed the skimmed wall on the second coat, dragged it down from the top as far as i could whilst on the tressel, then came up from the bottom.
i put on two tight coats of skim, i wait for the first to pull put the second on mist up the wall with a pump spray and use the 4ft speed skim, so easy and quick and if theres and dips/ depressions in the wall they show straight up because of the water on the wall... ive not tryed to finish a wall off with the speed skim yet but, i will be giving it a go next week, its a good bit of kit, it saves alot of effort, which is what its all about..
If your blade is newish and clean you can finish with it,
Good luck
May the force be with you.

But if the blade is dirty and looks battered up like the end of a knackered up scrap ready car....it won't give a good finish.

Clean tools... Good job

Good luck

But if the blade is dirty and looks battered up like the end of a knackered up scrap ready car....it won't give a good finish.

Clean tools... Good job

Can you get a finish with the blue speedskim.

Good luck

Clean tools... Good job
And don't forget "durrrrty pants clean botty "(y)

I get newbies dissagree some of my posts but they dont post anything themselves!?? At least the regulars know that you know your onions (y)

i get a few myself greg.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion but it would be nice to have it in words??.

Some dont tho mate and then you never hear from them again!? If i dissagree with a post im interested in? I'l question it rather than hit the dissagree button and say f**k all

Nothing worse when your hungover and strangers disagreeing and disliking .....haha I forget half the shhit I post !!!

But I have noticed the moons coming out in the daytime for some reason and the misses is acting strange .....maybe its linked or maybe the juice is getting me paranoid !!

When using the above when applying multi etc 1st n 2nd coats the speed of banging the gear on with the trowel normally back n forth to flatten on background, to move quicker round the room just using one motion when applying with trowel, the speedskim should still flatten back n save time or r u really creating problems I know it's lot of ifs n buts size of room temperature ,tight pants ,the night before etc ?!!!
I'll finally answer you pal.
Yes you can just blast it on fast then go over with the speedskim if you like. It does work.

I'll finally answer you pal.
Yes you can just blast it on fast then go over with the speedskim if you like. It does work.
Cheerz man using speedskim every time now I just scratch it on all on n as long i got the walls prep up no probs lay on with plazi

How have you been getting on with it ?
Blue blade?
If so
What size you got ?
I got the 600 recently but ive had the 1200 blue for while ,I've using them both ,600 on ceiling a winner to be fair on both,but when u done a wall or ceiling no matter how big it is in this weather u got flatten straightaway otherwise you've had it n u can finish with really quick with them n flat even on the old walls but I tend to finish with nelaflex

I got the 600 recently but ive had the 1200 blue for while ,I've using them both ,600 on ceiling a winner to be fair on both,but when u done a wall or ceiling no matter how big it is in this weather u got flatten straightaway otherwise you've had it n u can finish with really quick with them n flat even on the old walls but I tend to finish with nelaflex
Have you bent the corners back on the 600. .?

Tbh I don't like the 1.2 as much

Speedskim has got to be the best tool to come out in this trade for ages. Everytime I use them it still amazes me how easy it makes a set. Being domestic I don't come across big areas of plasterboard that much but today I had just under 40m2 of nice fresh plasterboard, before speedskim I would have done it in two sets but now I can get 40m2 under control quicker than 10m2 with a normal trowel. Anyonw who says its s**t has either not used it, or not used it properly

Last edited:
Have you bent the corners back on the 600. .?

Tbh I don't like the 1.2 as much
Yeh even though I rounded corners off I still had marks on my work WTF so 2nd coat filling in after but @scottie5 had mentioned recently make sure u Bend them back now since then no miver but it's pigging common sense really :hueco: