Getting out of the trade

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
I have been accelerating my exit from the trade...

2 of the latest reasons CAZ in Bristol expanding soon and LTNS/15 minute cities coming soon.

I feel for those going into the trade now...and personally I would not go into plastering now with the current environment.

Within 10 years it could be the case that you are competing for work within your zone and if you go outside it you will pay a charge.

Personally I think the quality of work is really going to drop over the next few years...I'm already seeing it and hearing horror stories.

2 of the latest reasons CAZ in Bristol expanding soon and LTNS/15 minute cities coming soon.

I feel for those going into the trade now...and personally I would not go into plastering now with the current environment.

Within 10 years it could be the case that you are competing for work within your zone and if you go outside it you will pay a charge.

Personally I think the quality of work is really going to drop over the next few years...I'm already seeing it and hearing horror stories.
Fux em ....people need to stop obeying....
THE END .

Money you charge you could get get there in an uber . Ha ha

Ha! Glad I have charged a fair rate over the years. To be honest it probably should have been more. When you hit 40 in the trade it's time to seriously think about retirement. I've met a few plasterers in their 50s and one 60 year old and they are f**ked...been grafting for sh*t money all there lives and probably boasting about knocking out a room in a day in their younger days...and now they just moan about aches and pains and are utterly depressed about there disposition.

The fact is with AI more people are going to train in manual skills, there will be more competition and the tax burden is high.

Ha! Glad I have charged a fair rate over the years. To be honest it probably should have been more. When you hit 40 in the trade it's time to seriously think about retirement. I've met a few plasterers in their 50s and one 60 year old and they are f**ked...been grafting for sh*t money all there lives and probably boasting about knocking out a room in a day in their younger days...and now they just moan about aches and pains and are utterly depressed about there disposition.

The fact is with AI more people are going to train in manual skills, there will be more competition and the tax burden is high.
I'm 51 fit as a fiddle because I look after myself . Cycling swimming ect . Them fukers who get pissed up and smoke there b*ll***s of will be snagged in later years . Plus half them clowns have never made any decent money out of the trade

I'm 51 fit as a fiddle because I look after myself . Cycling swimming ect . Them fukers who get pissed up and smoke there b*ll***s of will be snagged in later years . Plus half them clowns have never made any decent money out of the trade

Fit yes...but lets be honest who wants to be grafting at that age.

I was told by the spread that took me on 40 yrs ago to get out of the game 2 weeks after I started.
He said pretty much the same .
Game was f**k*d.
Prices were s**t.
Bunch of cowboys coming in.
10 yrs time be doing it for nothing.
Have to travel to far.
Petrols to expensive nobody be able to afford to go to work.
Government and tax will drag us to the bottom

Glad I didnt listen, although the jobs s**t and hated it
The monies been good, still is if you want it.
Had new cars and vans, got 2 houses 1 paid for.
Good standard of living all just working on my own, spreading s**t up the wall.

Would do it again if I was in my twenties and moan about it every day!

When I started in 1983 they were saying the same things "the games f**k*d" "there's no money in it anymore" "you've made a mistake becoming a plasterer"
I suppose if you keep saying the same thing decade after decade it will come true at some point.

When I started in 1983 they were saying the same things "the games f**k*d" "there's no money in it anymore" "you've made a mistake becoming a plasterer"
I suppose if you keep saying the same thing decade after decade it will come true at some point.
Shut up

I was told by the spread that took me on 40 yrs ago to get out of the game 2 weeks after I started.
He said pretty much the same .
Game was f**k*d.
Prices were s**t.
Bunch of cowboys coming in.
10 yrs time be doing it for nothing.
Have to travel to far.
Petrols to expensive nobody be able to afford to go to work.
Government and tax will drag us to the bottom

Glad I didnt listen, although the jobs s**t and hated it
The monies been good, still is if you want it.
Had new cars and vans, got 2 houses 1 paid for.
Good standard of living all just working on my own, spreading s**t up the wall.

Would do it again if I was in my twenties and moan about it every day!
My old man told me not to follow him into the trade.
Glad I took no notice.

Disagree . . Think there's never a better time to get in to it. No kid wants it so if one comes along who really wants to be come top of trade he.ll be printing money in few years as all iids want to be on you tube
Eh?

I feel completely the other way less and less people are getting into plastering there will be a massive need for plasterers in the coming years

In fact I feel that strongly about it no I wouldn’t have tried harder at school if I could start now, we are at the age of the millennial it will never be as easy as to start you’re own business in plastering as it will be in the next ten years or so