Getting into Fibrous Plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhcasper

Hi there

Ive just stumbled across your fab looking wesite & wondered if anyone can help me!
Has anyone an idea how u actually start out training for this type of work.
This has always been an ambition of mine but have never had the balls to actually do anything about it!
I recently plucked up the courage & did a weeks intensive plastering course to c what It was like & loved it!!!!!

Im based in Durham & would welcome any input/advise u have

Lisa :)

its more intresting than just laying plaster on walls all day.
i did an nvq level 3 in fibrous at leeds college at nightschool about 12 years ago,if you want to get ahead in this game you need to offer something different than the standard.
i worked in stately homes and the like and did projects for the national trust,it was intresting as it was something different every day, and i got well paid for it. there was a time when people didnt care for cornice work , but now the idea is to preserve as period features in properties are making a comeback
i now never use it, as I run a rendering firm but ts something i have to fall back on i guess.

Maybe at a later date, just forked out 500quid for the week course! Will have to save my pennies!
Thanks v much for the link, much appreciated.

If you can get a couple of grand together, there is a course here......
Fibrous Plastering Courses - About APC

This is the place I did a bit of helping out with the training of solid plastering and rendering, the guys that were teaching the fibrous side of things were still actively out there making and fitting the stuff on jobs as well as training others. They are nice guys that really know their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.