getting in wiv a plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search on line for all the nearest firms to you, look in Thompson and Yell. Send them all your CV.Wait a week. then call them all up , ask if they have received your CV and if they would consider taking you on.

Good luck

Thanks for ur replys I've sent out bout 20 emails to plasterers two weeks ago but not got one reply didn't send cover tho. I use to do labourin onsite onsite got my m8 a job which a good plasterer n he fuckd it up wish i took the job nw

simmo how old are you?? you have had some good replies so there isnt much i could add apart from, if you send emails out or post your CV makes sure its not in txt tlk most people hate it IMO

Simmo if you manage to get an interview just make sure that you turn up on time , clean shaven unless you have a beard ,dressed tidy and you speak politely .Presentation is every thing when looking for a job and it will set you apart from all the mongs that seem to pass as members of the human race .it will also show that you may care about your job and have the standards of a good tradesman. this is not a judgement of you as you may well be all of the above its just some advise .Good luck in your search .

I hope you find something mate , but no text speak, if you sent it to me I would just delete it .

more than 1 drink.......its gotta be 2 drinks and a nosh lol..........where you from mate? i bet you also want £50 a day aswell.... and theres your problem dont go in expecting mega bucks remember your starting off at the bottom so expect a bottom line wage........ if you were to start with me you would be lucky to get £30 a day for what you can do which is feck all so be reasonable and do what beader said!! good luck pal

I'm in the same boat mate been sending letters out to all in and around cornwall sent about 50 now and had 8 reply most saying as soon as enough work comes in they'll ring me which is good just gotta wait it out and look down all avenues something will turn up :)

I'm in the same boat mate been sending letters out to all in and around cornwall sent about 50 now and had 8 reply most saying as soon as enough work comes in they'll ring me which is good just gotta wait it out and look down all avenues something will turn up :)

nothing to do with anything but
nice part of the world your in sw cornwall.

I was going to say even reading the title of this thread annoyed me. 'wiv'

Make sure your emails/letters don't contain any of this crap and are written in good English otherwise they simply go in the shredder/trash.

Failing that off to work for free for a few days a week :) That will show you mean business and also give the plasterer a chance to see how good you are :)

ive had someone pestering me for ages bout coming on with me, this year i have enough work so i have offered him a start few little jobs just to see how he is and teach him how to knock up and what have ya then some of the bigger jobs start..........any ideas what he said?
"i cant work in the summer though cos im going to malia all summer to work out there", well fcuk off then, why even bother hounding me for a job and giving me the sob story "im desperate to learn, ive done it a few times before but they didn't have enough work to keep me going, i just want to learn, please give me a chance"
c**t

what a c**t...........it wouldnt have been that bad if he said come to malia with me for the summer and then when we get back we will smash this game to pieces lol

I've just turned 25 nps. Not expecting 50 a day like i said in my other post i will do a free work trial with someone first then probly 30 to 40 pound a day u carnt expect someone to work for less than minimum wage anyway. Jrplastering where r u working if u close to coventry i will come and work for you

sorry mate im in hertfordshire and i spoke to my guy hes putting his trip off if we come accross a point were works drying up hes goin to go for a bit then come back wen it picks up (so he says)

I don't write emails in txt I'm not that stupid. I haven't had one single reply back yet and don't think i will. Some houses n doctors surgery being built round the corner from me soon will have to try my look there.

I don't write emails in txt I'm not that stupid. I haven't had one single reply back yet and don't think i will. Some houses n doctors surgery being built round the corner from me soon will have to try my look there.

luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.